The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » One cup routines?- Not a chop cup! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27073 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-07-02 16:51, taliesin wrote:
Seems a pity to do a one cup routine and not use the principle of the Chop cup. IMHO, of course.

Neither the beanie weenies can nor the solid cup permit that.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2006-07-04 08:29, graywolf wrote:
Yes,but Dan Garrett's surprise ending pre dates the others and is a bigger fooler.No I will not reveal the final surprise. COrdially,Howard

The question of being a bigger fooler is more of a factor of Dan than it is the routine, itself.

I could make the same argument for Lonnie Chevrie's routine. It is similar in concept to Beanie Weenie, but has a surprise ending that is very strong. It's been knocked off by a whole lot of people.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Quote:
On 2006-07-04 09:54, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-07-02 16:51, taliesin wrote:
Seems a pity to do a one cup routine and not use the principle of the Chop cup. IMHO, of course.

Neither the beanie weenies can nor the solid cup permit that.

You're right, but I was just making a general point about one cup routines - the Chop principle just allows that extra kick.

I'm trying (maybe rather ineloquently) to distinguish between a one cup routine that incorporates the Chop principle briefly in order to create a single startling moment, versus a formal Chop cup routine based entirely on using the Chop feature repeatedly.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There is a way to use the chop principle with Beanie Weenies or with the solid cup. But you have to do what Pete suggests -- think outside the cup.

It would not work the same way, but the effect would be basically the same.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
joeybaron
View Profile
Regular user
dallas,texas
101 Posts

Profile of joeybaron
Does anybody know about terry guyatt ? I learned a one cup 3ball routine from a video of his. it is very nice and to the point. usual method but wery nice routining. joey
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Somewhere between 97 and 153 years ago... I found three little fur-lined thingees to cover boiled eggs. To keep them warm. They packed flat and were about the size of a PF Cup. It is hard to describe, but I think they were rabbit skin with the fur inside. They had little leather handles at the top.

You could toss a ball inside and it would "stick" and dislodge when put down briskly.

But a KILLER MOVE was possible by shaping it with your thumb at the rear so when set down OVER a ball it was NOT inside, but looked (from the front) like it was.

It was actually behind it but the curve made it seem like it was inside. You could squeeze it sideways and lift it and the ball would stick at the back on the outside, set it down, lift it and ball would appear.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » One cup routines?- Not a chop cup! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL