The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Restaurant Fire Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicalChris
View Profile
New user
Oregon
53 Posts

Profile of MagicalChris
Hey, I wanted to know if anyone uses any type of fire magic in the restaurant they work at?

I am wanting to know, this way if I get a restaurant job I know if I can do like flames from card box or whatever.

Any opinions I can gather info from?

-chris Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
Bad move.

Forget the fire. Think about it a bit more.

Got good insurance?

Paul.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Paul gave good advice. Get Good Insurance. And think about whether you really need to do it.

Then be very, very careful. Fire/Open Flames inside any public venue that isn't on a separated platform is risky, because the environment is not sufficiently "controlled"

I know, the fire cards is a small gimmick, and it is pretty self contained. But you have to ask yourself if it is
A: Necessary,
B: Worth the Risk.

I do a lot of fire. Most of my performances are at least 40-50% fire effects, but fire is mostly outside at night.
Because Accidents can happen.

I have a healthy respect for Fire. But I was distracted during a recent pratice session and burned both hands enough to say "Ouch" for a long time. And since I know recently and "first hand" what it feels like, I have an extra incentive to avoid anyone else being burned because of me.

VERY RARELY do I perform fire inside, and ONLY with special preparations and proper separation from the audience.
The preparation consists of at least two extinguishers actively manned, and separation means at least 6 feet of space all around me as I perform.

For what you want to do, a "flash" may serve, FISM Flash or Finger Flasher, etc, rather than open flames.

I am not saying that a stage act should not have Fire. That is a good place because of the separation of performer and audience. But I am saying that people will amaze you, as to what they will do, when you are trying to amaze them.

And Never, Never do fire without talking to the establishments management. They may have insurance or other business issues that remove fire as a performing option.

Nuff on that! As they used to say on Hill Street Blues, just "Be Careful out there!"

BroDavid

View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
What about the fire wallet? Is this also risky?
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
John Zander
View Profile
Loyal user
Downey, CA
247 Posts

Profile of John Zander
Don't do it. If you must, check with the management first. I would say NEVER use fire so close to a spectator, especially children.
Thank you,

John Zander

The Award Winning

Comedy Magic of

John Zander

http://www.ZanderMagic.com

http://www.AllMagic.net
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6582 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
A certain performer I know once decided to do a fire effect in close up--and caught a lady’s hair on fire! Seems she had used quite a bit of hairspray, which was highly flammable. The flame didn’t even TOUCH her; it just came near enough to ignite the spray (on her head)!

Do what you want, but I NEVER do fire effects right next to the table.
I occasionally do Bannon’s "Shriek of the Mutilated" from behind the bar, where spectators are separated from me by a good bit, and a fire extinguisher and/or water source are immediately available.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
brainman
View Profile
Special user
837 Posts

Profile of brainman
..hmmmm I do it.. with a tiny bit of flash-string... it works for me and I take the chance.
The only thing I check twice are the kinds of fire alerts installed in the performing-room.

My enemy is hairspray!

phanthomas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Restaurant Fire Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL