The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Plastic bag over the face (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RichieB
View Profile
New user
Southport, UK
32 Posts

Profile of RichieB
Derren Brown uses a plastic bag around his head to "suffocate" himself in his stage show. I cannot believe he got away with it, as the bag stayed inflated without ever sucking in to his face as he breathed in. If he can do it, you can!
Magic is a Tricky Business

Richard Baxter
Xtreme @ 16
jeremysweiss
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of jeremysweiss
The Shock Doc
<BR>www.TheShockDocShow.com
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>http://ballycast.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/ballycast-024-2009-03-21.mp3
<BR>
<BR>"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.
<BR>Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I watched the Derren bag thing, and was surprised, due to his reputation. It doesn't come off as very interesting. It has SO much greater potential.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
I use a heavy Mylar bag (heavy, clear window-sealing plastic) in which I am completely encased. The heavy Mylar will not 'collapse' on you. It gets warm and stuffy, but there is little real risk of suffocation (the audience doesn't know that).
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
I wonder if Xargos ever tried my method, ungimmicked clear plastic bag duct taped around neck and head, no gimmicks.

Yet you can breath freely anytime you want.
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Are you prepared to share you r method? / make it commercially available?

Obviously not posting it on an open forum though.

PS love your sig.
Ged
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Ged
I was looking at this thread as part of thoughts on how to punch up a straight jacket escape. The plastic bag over the head seems to me the best way to add drama to the escape. I think something that allows the audience to see your face as it is happening could be very powerful with some good acting. And as one poster notes, it is a situation that your mother always warned you about. But like the original poster I'm not willing to actually put my life or health at risk. There MUST be some way to gimmick a plastic bag. So I'm hoping to wake up this thread. Has anyone tried the "breathable" plastic bags from grocery stores? I would be satisfied with a bag that gave even a few minutes of extra time. Any other ideas on how to gimmick a bag since this thread ended? Any other suggestions for other apparent breathing limitations on the time to escape from a straight jacket?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Nope none public anyway!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Plastic bag over the face (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL