The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Larry Anderson's Jaw Droppers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
373 Posts

Profile of Bill
I was cleaning out my closet this morning and came across the old videos "Jaw Droppers". These were the tapes that got me interested in magic again after a forty year hiatus.

My question is this: Who the heck is Larry Anderson? I've never heard him mentioned as any kind of magician of note. The only time I've ever heard of him is in conjunction with Jaw Droppers. Anyone know anything about him?
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
All you need to know is here:

http://www.jawdroppers.com/index.htm
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Saw him on Merv Griffin decades ago (still have a blurry video) - funny, and gave me the idea for a great "tossed out deck" (I simplified it a lot and it still works like a dream) and a hugely funny "silk to egg to real egg" that I also wrote up in my own style and added a killer finish to.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2006-07-04 22:08, cgscpa wrote:
All you need to know is here:

http://www.jawdroppers.com/index.htm

Whoa! Sounds like the man KNOWS his stuff!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
If you take a look in the Mark Wilson book, Larry Anderson makes a couple appearances. A number of the tricks on JawDroppers seem to be from the Wilson book, too. I remember casually paging through the book one day when I saw Anderson, and it sort of caught me by surprise.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Quote:
On 2006-07-04 19:47, Bill wrote:
I was cleaning out my closet this morning and came across the old videos "Jaw Droppers". These were the tapes that got me interested in magic again after a forty year hiatus.

Bill nice to know I'm not the only one that got interested in magic by watching these videos.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
So, how did this make it to the "Not very magical, still..." forum?
~michael baker
The Magic Company
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
So that non-magicians can read about him.... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I hate him. Everybody's better than me! Smile (I'm in a funk, I'm thinking of making that my new signature!)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Larry Anderson's Jaw Droppers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL