The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2201 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
We took the Paul Fox Chick cups, added 1/10,000th of inch to the height, left the 3 beads, used thicker copper and brass, rolled the mouth beads tighter and polished out all the tooling and spin lines. We now have the Rooster Cups!

We're kicking ourselves for not copying the Galli Galli cups Smile
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Andy_Bell
View Profile
Regular user
my mindless rambling's now total
162 Posts

Profile of Andy_Bell
Once again thanks for your comments, I've ordered a set of 2.5" final load balls from Frank and I'm pretty sure that they will do the job, they are as big as I can get into the cup so the change will be as strong as I can make it.
I'll let you know how it goes............
I was put on this earth to do a great many things..... I'm now so far behind that I don't think I'm ever going to die!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2006-07-10 21:09, JamesinLA wrote:
Somebody on ebay was selling what they called "tall Gazzo cups." That was funny because what they were were Pete Biro cups. I used to love my Biro cups until they got stolen. Now I use my Gazzo cups, which are very heavy. My Gazzo cups were actually used for a season by Gazzo himself, so, until I lost my Biro's, I was keeping the Gazzo's as a keepsake. But they're working cups again now.

Jim

The "Tall Gazzo Cups", AKA "Tall Animal Cups," that were being sold on eBay by Ron Wright were not Pete Biro Cups. They looked a lot like them, but they were much heavier. The skirt was also longer. I have both sets.

The Pete Biro Galli Galli cups weigh about 7.1 oz. each. The Tall Animal/Gazzo cups are 14.1 oz each. The Tall Animal cups are about 1/4 inch taller and the shoulder bead is about 3/8 of an inch higher, when the cup is mouth downwards. The tops are about the same.

The I.D. is about 1 mm less on the Tall Animal cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
Nick now uses babes,I have just given him two sets. He did start with Gazzos but now loads tennis balls. He has used babes also.
Gary
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Does anyone have a set of Biro gali gali cups for sale?

Gary,
Do you know if he finds that tennis balls have as big an impact as oranges? Does he do a hat load with the tennis balls? If so, what does he use for the hat load? (It would make my life easier to use baseballs and a coconut rather than oranges and a mellon, but I'm afraid I'll lose impact.)

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13417 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have been using baseballs this year (and the coconut) and nobody comes up and says... "are those real baseballs?"

Last years I used oranges (and the coconut) and people wanted to come up and touch the oranges to see if they were real.

I'm only using baseballs becuase I'm working at a baseball park and wanted to try it out. And it keeps me from going shopping.
But I really like the shopping part. Relaxes me before the gig. And I can buy gum and water too. But I don't load those.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
The two times I've seen Nick Nickolas doing his cups and balls routine, he ties in the tennis balls with a running gag with the crowd. (it really is great, but I don't think I should be revealing it) It works really well to give a great impact when he finally reveals them as his final loads. Then his final big tennis ball is a super reveal at the end, and the crowd is very happy to part with their $$ after that.

JoJo
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
Bennie90
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
169 Posts

Profile of Bennie90
At the moment, when I have just started busking I use those small bazar de magia's cups. I load three limes, a 8-ball and finally a coconut to hat.
I am going to invest maybe in some bigger cups, but those are cheap and I don't feel afraid with them, wich is good.
Still looking for props, bag and cups, but not just yet, can't afford them Smile

You can see my first time busking photos on my web site.
*going crazy with Jeff Mcbrides Art Of Card Manipulation dvds*
Jim Wilder
View Profile
Special user
Birmingham, AL
954 Posts

Profile of Jim Wilder
Your photos look good kid!
Congrats on getting out there!
Bennie90
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
169 Posts

Profile of Bennie90
There was some problems with the staff with that link I posted,
You cand find pictures Here
*going crazy with Jeff Mcbrides Art Of Card Manipulation dvds*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Cups (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.44 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL