We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Mindfreak 7/5/06 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
If any of you have read any of my other posts about Criss Angel, you will all know that I am not a fan of his in any way, shape or form, but last nights episode of "Mindfreak" was really good. It was really big of Criss (and Lance Burton) to help that kid achieve his dream of performing in Vegas. I was really amazed (not at the magic) but at the level of kindness that Criss showed to this kid (and the younger kid at the beginning). It was really big of him to do something like this and for that kind and heart-warming gesture, I tip my hat to him for it. Good job Criss for taking the time to make a kid's dream come true and to you too Lance for taking the time to share the spotlight on what I can only call real magic.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
Chad's story was heartwarming; ONLY for this SECTION of the episode-Angel has made me proud to call myself a magician.

Mindfreak should be stripped. Take away every single episode up to this point, delete filler scenes for 7/5/06 and clean up his FAKE harcore/real image. THEN I would DARE to call myself a loyal.

FEEL GOOD magician show of the year! Smile

*SKIP this next part if you want to leave with a smile*

PS.Ima sound really harsh but........Chad wasn't very good; There just has to be some honesty. Nothing personal just PROFESSIONAL-I Respect chad's HEART in an unheard level. Respect Angel's BETTER qualities too.
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
253 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Phil- Of the episodes I've seen, last nights show was my favorite too. It just had a different feel to it than the other episodes that I've seen.
nitemares666
View Profile
New user
Michigan
46 Posts

Profile of nitemares666
Last nights show was my favorite too I hope he would do more
ChrixF
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ChrixF
Yea last nights episode was realy something. I wasn't all that surprised by Criss' decision to help Chad though.
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Wasn't there an auction recently on ebay to win a spot on Mindfreak? No, that couldn't be it...never from someone who'd do a metamorphosis from a suspended box only to appear out of a Heineken truck DRINKING a bottle of Heineken. Smile
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
The show of the year and I miss it. Dang that TIVO!
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
What Criss Angel & Lance Burton did for the Kid, was very cool!

Class act all the way!!
ruseman
View Profile
New user
Just East of Omaha
9 Posts

Profile of ruseman
I hate to burst your bubble. However, Chad was a camper at the Tannens Magic Camp, Criss was a suprise guest there. I find it hard to believe that they did not meet prior to the show. Criss met with every camper the day he was there. Yes, Chad's story is true, but it made for better TV the way it was presented.
Chad needs more practice, and he will get better. On the show he was better than the last time I saw him live at camp.

When you watch other magicians, remember what Lenart Green said, "Pay close attention, this story is almost true".
djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
If Lance Burton gets involved, you know it's going to have integrity and class.
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Ha! Although Lance is a much better magician than Chris, I'm sure he was paid very well to act as if he was impressed with Criss's "magic."
ruseman
View Profile
New user
Just East of Omaha
9 Posts

Profile of ruseman
"People should be taught what is, not what should be." Lenny Bruce
Jaypoc
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jaypoc
I had the opportunity to meet Chris over the weekend and was very impressed. He was very generous and giving to his fans. He stayed 2 and a half hours after an event to make sure that all his fans got to greet him, get autographs, pictures, etc... It would have been very easy for him to file people through one at a time, one autograph per person, one, or no pictures per person, but Chris didn't do that. He took his time and I think everyone, especially those who had to wait 3+ hours to see him, appreciated it. (I was close on the line, had to wait 2 hours, but got to take some pictures with him after the signing which was really cool)

I commend Chris on not bolting at the scheduled time and giving that little extra to his fans. It's good to see that popularity and fame hasn't gotten to his head.

I also got to meet and speak with Scott Interrante, a local magician and friend/consultant to Chris Angel, whom I took some pictures of him and chris for and he gave me a few small pointers for close-up/sleights, I also talked with Chris's mother who seems like a great lady. She was also floating around the venue talking with anybody and everybody.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20660 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What did that have to do with anything?
I have never actually heard a bad story about Criss and his fans. He does indeed seem to be quite giving when it comes to that.

Good for him.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jaypoc
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jaypoc
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 17:30, Dannydoyle wrote:
What did that have to do with anything?
I have never actually heard a bad story about Criss and his fans. He does indeed seem to be quite giving when it comes to that.

Good for him.

that's exactly my point. The original post was complimenting Chris on his doing something great for someone else and my point was my own experience of his selflessness.
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Right on Jaypoc!!

:cheers:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Mindfreak 7/5/06 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL