The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What defines PK magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

afillius
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of afillius
I have been looking at getting a couple of PK style tricks but am a bit confused. What makes a trick PK? Is IT considered PK?
www.stsgroupinc.com
pro audio/video/lighting

Great magic is about creating great images - Jay Sankey
bclay
View Profile
New user
Lake City, Michigan
71 Posts

Profile of bclay
No, "PK magic" is a whole different "thing". I suggest going into a magic shop(if your near one) and getting a live demo of some "PK magic". I am glad I was able to see live demo and was guided away from it because the magic shop owner knew me. Build a relationsihp with your locale magic shop and soon they will be able to steer you in the right direction for your style and taste. Not to mention saving you money on things you may end up never using. You cant get that kind of service online. But I digress, Its not the same as IT and they both have limitations. Good luck
Brian
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
How's this? PK is short for "psycho-kinetic." In other words, making things move with your mind. To me, anything that is presented in that way would qualify as PK magic, regardless of method.

To some magicians, they seem to think that PK refers only to a specific type of gimmicks made popular by Chuck Leach of Chazpro Magic. I think they're wrong, but that's just me.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I agree with Dave. PK is a type of effect, but by no means a single method. Metal bending (with the mind) also fits into this category. IT is often used for PK effects.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Dave VanVranken is so right.

Bob
bclay
View Profile
New user
Lake City, Michigan
71 Posts

Profile of bclay
Quote:
On 2006-07-07 22:38, afillius wrote:
I have been looking at getting a couple of PK style tricks but am a bit confused. What makes a trick PK? Is IT considered PK?

So technically your responses are "right" this person is confused about the "PK Style"(gimmick) tricks and if they are relaited to the "IT" method. So Afillius, your anwser is "IT" and the "PK" are 2 totally different "methonds" to make things "move with your mind"

Gee guys its nice to know that instead of helping this person you guys only wanted to complain about the techicnal terms in which I responded. I thought this was a place to seek help. And just because I just got onto this site and have only posted a few responses dosent mean I don't have knowledge to help others.
Brian
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
My only intent was to help, not to complain. He asked what makes a trick PK and we answered.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
afillius
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of afillius
Thank you guys, you did answer my question. I understand what the usual pk gimmick is, I was just wondering if the gimmick was the only thing used for pk effects, or if IT could also be used for pk effects.

Dave's answer was great...thanks
www.stsgroupinc.com
pro audio/video/lighting

Great magic is about creating great images - Jay Sankey
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
No complaints here.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Python
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Python
What is IT and PK gimmicks that are used in psycho kinetic magic ?

Can anyone tell me what books, DVDs are the best for learning psycho kinetic magic ?
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
603 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Check out the search sites on the intewrnet,I have learned a lot about magic subject from internet search,and the library.for my small town library they have a good selection of books on magic,& history of popular magicians.
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What defines PK magic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL