The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Masuda Wow trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..46~47~48~49~50 [Next]
kesemd1
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of kesemd1
I have WOW and purchase for $22 only .
if someone want Pm ME.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
For 22 bucks (unless you bought it from someone who was basically giving it away) I can pretty much assure you it's a knock off!
kesemd1
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of kesemd1
Maybe it's knock off but is Great item ! and look same the Orginal .
But again I don't know if it's knock off.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
***Maybe it's knock off but is Great item ! and look same the Orginal***

Hence the reason we call em knock offs!
By purchasing this and raving about it you will not make many friends around here! You are supporting a thief and IMO by saying good things about it and encouraging others to buy it you become a thief yourself!

If you bought this unaware of it being a knock off I can understand as it happened to me! When I first got involved in magic I was frequenting a magic shop in LA (California) and one day they had some of the knockoffs out and showed it to me and of course I bought it on the spot not knowing anything about the WOW as this was called "Knockout" (blatant aye).

What could I do, I already had the gimmick and it worked great! Well, I have since purchased the real WOW, the knockoff fell apart and I have not spent a dime at that magic store since! I used to drop 200-400 bucks every trip (monthly) so it adds up!

Just my dos centavos,

Mick
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I finally purchased WOW at our local magic shop.

They showed and let me play with the two cheaper versions.

The original is worth the extra money.

As most of you know it looks like real magic.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Magnalucius
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
210 Posts

Profile of Magnalucius
I do know why, but WOW doesn´t like me. I cannot find a reason for put the card into the black box. For me, it seems tricky. But is just my opinion. I know it is a great efect, but I don´t like it.
Lux In Tenebris
Allan Bright
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Allan Bright
Within the 32 pages of dicussion, I am sure that you will find a a reason to use this Magnalucius Smile
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2008-06-20 14:45, Magnalucius wrote:
I do know why, but WOW doesn´t like me. I cannot find a reason for put the card into the black box. For me, it seems tricky. But is just my opinion. I know it is a great efect, but I don´t like it.

I PM'ed you.
magicsiow
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
102 Posts

Profile of magicsiow
I heard my friend from china said that one of the China TV channel had exposed the secret to public.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I really feel WOW should be used as one phase in (say) an Ambitious Card routine. It is NOT a stand-alone effect, and using it as such devalues it. I know of at least one local magician who simply places a card into WOW, and lets the audience see it transform into another card - that's it! In my opinion, that's a crass way to treat a great magical item.
If it's just one phase in a complete routine, you don't have to worry too much about justifying the wallet - but I find it plays brilliantly right after Card to Wallet, when you allow the spectator's to SEE how the card gets in the wallet - but in order to do so, instead of your leather wallet, which is opaque, here is a wallet that you can see through.
chias
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of chias
I bought a knockoff in China not realizing it was fake - costs just about USD$6 after bargaining only!

But I bought the original one after I realized that the one I bought was fake, and the original one indeed feels and looks better.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
I use a number of presentations, one which works for me is claiming that by putting the card into the plastic wallet, it becomes "sleight of hand proof" and can't be touched in any way. This usually follows a few routines and I sometimes use it as back up if someone claims that SOH is being used and I bring out WOW to show them the change visually.
It has an amazing effect on spectators and certainly lives up to the name. So far, no one has asked to examine the wallet.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Has anyone seen the new WOW Blank? Instead of using a card like the 8 of hearts, it uses a blank card. No more worry about repeating and it seems to open up a whole new set of possibilities.
Sammy J. Teague
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
vanishingrabbit
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of vanishingrabbit
Quote:
On 2008-06-14 15:21, magic-upclose wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-02 07:16, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-06-02 04:33, magic-upclose wrote:
I need a replacement WOW. Where can I buy one that is NOT a rip-off?

Click Below:

WOW Mad Hatter

Don't check out before looking at the SPECIALS section.

I placed an order with them for some loops and a dvd and it took them like 5 or 6 days to ship. And only after I shot them an email about my order.

Anywhere else have it in stock?

http://www.VanishingRabbit.com
Magically yours,
Brent Smith
Bill Groome
View Profile
New user
Columbia, S.C.
89 Posts

Profile of Bill Groome
Must have been a bad week. My apologies for any delay.
All the Best,
Bill Groome (owner)
www.MadhatterMagicShop.com
Madhatter International
garcia00
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of garcia00
Quote:
On 2008-07-20 17:22, Marc Frese wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eMsPP1c6XNM

A little edit at 1:07 to enhance?
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2008-08-11 14:28, garcia00 wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-07-20 17:22, Marc Frese wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eMsPP1c6XNM

A little edit at 1:07 to enhance?

Little cover for bad p...ing.... =) What do you expect after looking an elmsley like that. Stamp collecting woudnt be so hard for those guys.

J-M
alannasser
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of alannasser
Re justifying the card holder: I perform with the Wow case on the side of my table top, with a couple of my business cards stuck about a third of the way in - or, sticking about two thirds out. It's there all the time. When I get to performing Wow I say a variant of what a few posts have said - "I'll put it in my business card holder to be sure that I can't do any sleights with it", something like that. Then I display the Wow card in the case, the one I supposedly put into the case, and I turn the case face down above my table top, and ask a spectator to hold it. A little more talk, and I ask them to look at the card again and of course it's their signed card. - I know what 99% of readers are thinking right now, but I am convinced that having the card change right before their eyes screams that the case is gaffed. They almost always ask to examine the case - and why not? The visible change gives away the trick. But when they have just seen the five of diamonds in the case, and they then hold it for a few seconds and turn the case around to now see the signed card, they are blown away.
Alan
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Very good idea alanasser. Does defeat the purpose of using Wow though, but then again there's the flaw of the heat on the gimmick in the first place which honestly, there really isn't a solid way to isolate Wow as it's own effect and NOT have heat drawn on the gimmick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Masuda Wow trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..46~47~48~49~50 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL