The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Masuda Wow trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..47~48~49~50 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Just used Wow this afternoon at a big event. (Had mine for almost two years now and still works like a charm, btw). Anyway, I can't stress enough that if you routine it right, there's no real heat on the sleeve. First of all, they can see through the thing. There's nothing to hide. Second, in the routine I do, the thing is put back into my pocket before the end of the trick and no one has ever asked me to take it out and let them see it.

Wow rocks, baby!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I like the version where you visibly remove their signature, then "throw" it back on the card...Nice...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
Quote:
On 2008-09-26 10:12, joseph wrote:
I like the version where you visibly remove their signature, then "throw" it back on the card...Nice...

This is really a great idea!

It could be a piece of black string produce, and the threads as the signature pretend.
The thread disappears and the signature is back.
WOW
mjanes
View Profile
New user
Gig Harbor, WA
66 Posts

Profile of mjanes
By serendipity, this morning I found myself extending Wow into Darwin Ortiz's remarkable "Dream Card," (my very favorite card-to-wallet effect.)

You'll need to purchase "Darwin Ortiz At the Card Table," but here's the effect of merging the two:

Performer begins by telling of "a dream I had last night," a dream about a card trick in which one of the spectators played a role, and in which one card made such a dramatic impression "that in the morning I removed a duplicate of that card from a deck and signed my name across its back." At this point, performer opens zipper pocket of wallet to reveal the signed card, showing only its back, then replaces it, saying, "We'll come back to this in a minute."

Then proceed with conventional Wow routine, but when the signed card is "found", before placing it in the sleeve, performer takes a Sharpie and signs the back of the card. Continue with the routine right through to the standard Wow reveal.

At this point, pattering onto "Now, remember that Dream Card I showed you?", casually slip the sleeve into a pocket, place the spectator's card onto the deck, and proceed into the breathtaking Dream Card finish: open the wallet, saying, "Wouldn't it be amazing if my Dream Card matches the card you chose?" Then add, "Wouldn't it be even more amazing if the Dream Card IS YOUR CARD?!" whereupon you remove the Dream Card, showing it to have the performer's signature on the back and the spectator's signature on the face. Give the card as a souvenier of a miracle.

It worked nicely this morning when it hit me, out of the blue, to blend two great effects. Happy trails,
Marc
farita23
View Profile
New user
Ozone Park, NY
1 Post

Profile of farita23
You can get this card at the ROgue Magic Shop in Queens Blvd in NYC. I don't know if you live in nyc . If you need further info you can send me a message.
Hope this helps
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Check out the value added WOW routine from Jon Racherbaumer, - click on the link below and scroll down to the bottom of the page.

The effect is that a Joker changes into an unsigned duplicate of a signed selection. Then he causes the signature on the selection to appear on the duplicate!

LINK:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=26
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Very nice routine from Jon Racherbaumer. I have given the suggested routine a try and the effect works great - a real jaw dropper!

Thank you so much for the link Jean-Luc.R. Smile

:xmas:
P.S. I have a little suggestion. Instead of doing a straight-forward transformation as suggested by Jon Racherbaumer; I suggest that:-

To do a double transformation - i.e. first the joker into 5 of Diamonds and then the 5 of Diamonds into SIGNED 5 of Diamonds:

1. After the joker (actually the signed 5 of Diamonds) is inserted in the WOW gimmick, wave the WOW gimmick over the spectators so called selected & signed 5 of Diamonds (actually the unsigned 5 of Diamonds) placed on the table. Now show that the joker has changed to a 5 of Diamonds.

2. Then once again wave the WOW gimmick over the spectators so called selected & signed 5 of Diamonds (actually the unsigned 5 of Diamonds) placed on the table. Now show that the 5 of Diamonds has changed to a SIGNED 5 of Diamonds.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I've been using a similar ploy to Rachenbauer's, but thusly:
First, I make sure there is a duplicate of the WOW card in the deck I'm using. I don't particularly force the card, I allow a "free choice", but using a very casual classic force. When a different card is selected, I proceed with my regular Ambitious Card routine. But if the WOW card is selected, I say: "that's amazing because every card in this deck is different - EXCEPT for the five of diamonds.....and if you'd care to look, here is the other one! Let's make sure we know which is yours, by getting you to sign your five." I have been allowing the spectators to hold the sleeve, and let the magic happen right before their eyes, in their hand...but I'm now wondering if Ustaad's idea of waving the sleeve is actually a more convincing method?
Love this item, OK some smart folks can figure the actual mechanism out - but mostly, it absolutely fries!
Potty Smile
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Thanks J.luc and ustaad, excellent link and good twist!
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
WOW is a fantastic effect, I have had mine for a couple of years now, and I use it on a regular basis. It's a brilliant little device with what seems to be limitless uses... I like all of the ideas I have been reading on this thread.
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
chao45
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
28 Posts

Profile of chao45
Is this trick hard to do? Sorry if I ask a repeated question, trying to navigate through 33 pages was difficult.

I am not very good at slight of hands because I don't have very stable hands and when I perform I tend to be very excited (hence I've been sticking with mentalism more).

Also, does anyone else know where to get WOW Blank! other than SEO magic??
Remember always to use Magic for Good, NEVER for Evil
popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
I heard that there is some version on WOW with two changing cards gimmick inside, so we can do for example trick with 6H and 7D with same sleeve.
Where to find that WOW version???
dezrah
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts, USA
1 Post

Profile of dezrah
Love WOW, it's one of the only "gimmicky" tricks I carry with me. Sadly however, I recently had an accident with it, and it's...spilt. Any advice or experience with repairs?
Roland Choo
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
226 Posts

Profile of Roland Choo
I took out WOW yesterday. I have it with me for more than 3 years. Still in good condition.

Hi chao45, with regards to your question - is this trick hard to do? Answer is no.

Yesterday, I tried it out with a simple force. Cross Cut Force. And, the effect was awesome. If you know Cross Cut Force, you will know that it is so easy to do. 2 tips - let your spectator completely believe that he/she is in control of the card and use a bit of misdirection ; )

Although there is version 2 for WoW, I am still very happy with the first version.
Vincent.Santiago
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Santiago
But I prefer wow 1 instead of 2 for me, and theres a good deal here ! http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
Is this trick hard to do...I am not very good at slight of hands because I don't have very stable hands and when I perform I tend to be very excited...

I am a hobbyist. I just bust out magic 20 times a year at the office or parties - and Wow! is easy to do for me and never a problem to remember when dusted off after a month.
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
On 2010-12-06 22:15, Vincent.Santiago wrote:
But I prefer wow 1 instead of 2 for me, and theres a good deal here ! http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1

Are most of the EBay Wows counterfeit?

- David Robinson
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
On 2011-02-01 18:34, dbolan wrote:
Quote:
Is this trick hard to do...I am not very good at slight of hands because I don't have very stable hands and when I perform I tend to be very excited...

I am a hobbyist. I just bust out magic 20 times a year at the office or parties - and Wow! is easy to do for me and never a problem to remember when dusted off after a month.

Being poor at sleight-of-hand myself, I keep two matching cards at the top of the deck that match the Wow image. When I control the participant-signed card to the top and do a double-lift to show the image card is in fact at the top before dealing the signed card face down into the Wow, I have the margin for error of aiming somewhere between a double and triple-lift - either gets a card matching the image.

- David Robinson
Steve Travis
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Steve Travis
For some worried about the heat on the sleeve, just buy the extra non-gimmicked sleeves and switch out if they ever ask to see it. Performed properly they probably won't ever ask but if they do you are safe. This can be done quite easily after you put the gimmicked sleeve in your pocket and if they later ask.
huangja
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of huangja
Quote:
Are most of the EBay Wows counterfeit?

I have the original and I also bought one from eBay out of curiosity. It's a ripoff but worse yet, it's a piece of garbage. Don't get any eBay version.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Masuda Wow trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12..21..30..39..47~48~49~50 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL