The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » New promo vid in the works.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Hi Mark
For what ever you think of my opinion, I think this video is very good all around.
I have to say this one does look a bit better than the old one on the site for the most part. You have slowed the pace so the camera can actually follow you! Do not be afraid to slow the balls down a bit more even, give people a chance to count for themselves as you go-. Come closer to the camera, or at least put the action closer! <please! my older eyes are slowing down!>
Just after the pip change, there is a couple seconds of you in front of an audience- I cannot hear what is said clearly, nor can I see you clearly- dark jacket and dark background- perhaps add some lighting; though if you are trying to show audience reaction, I am not certain this is the right clip to use, maybe try one from a closeup bit one on one with someone, getting their face and reaction with the effect- just my 2cents worth!
Good job of stepping forward of the background so the shadow drops! Also good job of changing form the yellow backdrop that washes out the cards, etc.

I actually miss the front titles of suggested events, people might not think to use you for some venues if they are first searching for party of kids stuff, you might put that bit back in, or find a way to add it back onto the site somewhere- scrolling message, ....Whatever, I just think it can't hurt to plant a seed in the customer's mind!
Good job on not letting your site get stale, and good luck to you in your magic!
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
I'll write more later but here are some quick thoughts.
Overall it wasn't bad.
You could use more live footage (that we can understand)
In you singles production, face the audience you already know whats happening; you don't need to watch the magic.
If you are looking to book stand-up and stage shows I would cut some of the close-up magic.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Greetings,

This video is a good start... With my experience, the client wants to see you infront of a live aud. and wants to see how you handle their aud. on stage..... Basically they want to see a teaser of your act, costumes, props, magic, comedy, etc.. They want to get a feel of your style......

Keep working at it... You are ahead of many magicians of your age and even older.....
I wish I had a video of this quality way back when.....

Cheers
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
I agree with what Curtis and Kay said.
Let me expand on what I said before:
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 01:38, Jeremy L. wrote:
I'll write more later but here are some quick thoughts.
Overall it wasn't bad. Actually you did much better than "not bad".
You could use more live footage (that we can understand)
This would improve the video a lot. I assume the clip that is in there now was not that short but a few minutes long or even the whole show. So if this is still on your computer it shouldn't be to hard just to make the clip a little bit longer. On your site you mention kid shows; footage from one would also help.
In you singles production, face the audience you already know what’s happening; you don't need to watch the magic.
You do a better job of this with the multiplying balls.
If you are looking to book stand-up and stage shows I would cut some of the close-up magic.
This goes along with live footage bit. Your going to want some more nonclose-up magic in the video if you want to book nonclose-up shows, so make sure some of the live footage is nonclose-up

I personally didn't like the music; some routines with patter or partial routines with patter would be nice.
There are some point were the lighting isn't great but it's not that bad.
It still needs some work but you’re getting there. Good work!
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Any updates in the video?????

Cheers
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
As of now, no.

I plan to reshoot some things soon, both in studio and live... Then I can put some better quality live clips into the video.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » New promo vid in the works.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL