The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
mrnavyblue
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of mrnavyblue
A lot of the stuff I've seen from ellusionist.com is pretty much street magic, as with any business you sell. What's hot in the scene. And, as many people are aware, street magic is popular with a lot of youngsters.

I've heard a lot about how the demo videos on Ellusionist look amazing and I to do agree with some of the stuff, but with a hefty price tag on the item and most magic items really, would you not think there sort of taking advantage. Especially if it's a simple thing to make, i.e, the raven

Why do you think magic dealers charge a lot for even the cheapest of things, i.e bike packs.
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
Because they are magic DEALERS.

Not Santa Claus.
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
As long as the customer keeps paying what the dealer wants, the dealer will continue with the hefty price tags!

No customer, no business!

It's true, many things are overpriced! But who's fault is it really?

The dealer or customer?

It's all about supply and demand!

Think about that for a moment!

:cheers:
dragonchaos91
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of dragonchaos91
Yeah, it's true their prices are kind of up there, but as Von said, people continue to purchase from them so the prices stay. And I don't mean that in a bad way, even I occasionaly buy a product from them. I don't see why everyone has this horrible grudge against them, their not a bad dealership, just a little high in price.
ZeroPhun31
View Profile
New user
ellensburg, WA
11 Posts

Profile of ZeroPhun31
They are selling a secret, not a product. If everything was super cheap everyone and their Mom would have it. Magic is priced high to make it so only the dedicated get the stuff.
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 15:29, ZeroPhun31 wrote:
They are selling a secret, not a product. If everything was super cheap everyone and their Mom would have it. Magic is priced high to make it so only the dedicated get the stuff.

This is true in most case's. Unfortunatley, it's not like that across the board!

Some dealers could care less about selling the "secret" or who they sell to, and are only concerned with what they can get for their product!

ZeroPhun31
View Profile
New user
ellensburg, WA
11 Posts

Profile of ZeroPhun31
Just curious, have you ever bought anything from them? Just wonderin.
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Yes!!

ZeroPhun31
View Profile
New user
ellensburg, WA
11 Posts

Profile of ZeroPhun31
Then I don't see where you are coming from with implying that Ellusionist is just out for money. Some of their items might give that thought some substance. But they do go to great lengths to ensure customer satisfaction. I've personally talked to Brad on the phone when I've had problems with stuff. So to say that they neglect everything but sales is a little far fetched.
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 16:01, ZeroPhun31 wrote:
Then I don't see where you are coming from with implying that Ellusionist is just out for money. some of their items might give that thought some substance. But they do go to great lengths to ensure customer satisfaction. I've personally talked to Brad on the phone when I've had problems with stuff. So to say that they neglect everything but sales is a little far fetched.

You may want to go back and read through the entire thread!

I never said that Ellusionist is just out for money, or they neglect anyone or anything! Nor did I imply that!!

I was speaking in general, and my comment's were based on the original question.

Perhaps you missed that!

Also, spend some time shopping around and compare prices, especially if you are shopping online!

Spend some time visiting different Magic Shops, talking to every dealer you come across, start asking questions, you will see what I am pointing to!

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20613 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
They are a business plain and simple.

They intend to make money. So good for them.

You want prices to go down for Bicycle decks? Easy, buy them from other sources. Then when they lower their prices go back. Same with ALL magic.

It is called a "free market". We have much more control than you may think if we just act together, instead of complaining, do something. Organize a boycott, although it usually gets more customers for them than it takes away.

Or here is an idea, open a place of your own and see what it takes to survive.

Yeah, they are called all sorts of names and many are true, but they have a side of the arguement too.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Wait....Ellusionist ISN'T Santa Claus?
Steve V
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 19:31, Steve V wrote:
Wait....Ellusionist ISN'T Santa Claus?
Steve V

Shattering Revelation!

Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2142 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I actually find Ellusionist to be very reasonably priced when it comes to 3rd party items. They've never the most expensive, and when I do see their prices beat, it isn't by too much.

For products that they produce themselves, it runs the gamut. Yes, I do think that $50-60 is a bit expensive for How to Do Street Magic, but other, newer products like Glass by Adam Grace and some others are very reasonably priced. When it comes to products that they develop, produce, and market themselves, they have the right to charge whatever they want. And if it doesn't sell, they'll probably lower the price, or drop the product from their line.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
magicman123
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of magicman123
SUPPLY AND DEMAND!
Starry
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
219 Posts

Profile of Starry
I really like Elusionist and have bought several things from them. It is very risky to open a magic shop and they have a ton of advertising expense. I'll bet that they make a decent profit, but I doubt they're making a killing.
Ace Starry - Author or THE MAGIC LIFE - A NOVEL PHILOSOPHY
http://www.starry.com/
iamthemagicman
View Profile
New user
Canada
6 Posts

Profile of iamthemagicman
Ellusionist Penguin Magic
The System by Dan and Dave Buck $34.95 $34.95
Puncture by Alex Linian $23.95 $24.95
Prime Cut $23.95 $24.95

E's prices are looking pretty fair to me so far. As for the prices of their dvd's sometimes being close to $50+ you have to look at the content included. Many of the people who bash Ellusionist probably don't own the dvd and are just shooting it down due to the price. If you were to actually buy the dvd and take that risk (not even a risk really cause you get so much) of investing 40,50,60 dollers into an E dvd you would definately not be dissapointed, Brad and team E have been great, and will continue to be great. There dvd's are so well put together and break down everything. They don't deserve the negativity that many on the Café seem to have for them.
(chart didn't turn out so well)
bradchristian
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of bradchristian
Not to mention that nearly all of those major DVDs (and even the downloads) that are produced by Ellusionist have a 30 day full-on money back guarantee. Return it for any reason, point blank.

How expensive could it be if we value our product so much that we offer a guarantee like that? Have you ever seen that anywhere else? It's just about unheard of.

We put a lot into our products. We value them highly and we're confident in what they do for people.
mrnavyblue
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of mrnavyblue
No, I do own some products. But for the price I paid, I didn't think it was worth it, and was disapointed - chill.
Piper1973
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Piper1973
I don't have a problem with them. Decent products at not unrageous prices. Initially, I was really impressed with their customer service, because it is really good. However, many of the online vendors I've had experience with since have had equally good customer service- including Penguin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Ellusionist (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL