The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Most overused jokes / gags / patter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
What do you think are the jokes/gags/patter that are most overused by magicians?

For example:
"Not that hand, the clean hand..."
"Stand right here on the trapdoor"
"Examine this rope/spongeball/silk to make sure there are no mirrors or trap doors..."
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
"Watch while my fingers never leave my hands..."
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Your kidding right? This thread isn't going to be long enough for this. Lets just agree there are LOTS of them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 17:10, Dannydoyle wrote:
Your kidding right? This thread isn't going to be long enough for this. Lets just agree there are LOTS of them.

examples? Smile

I've got one - how about - "This is the first time this has ever happened again"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
My point was if you go through them it will take forever. I was 10 when I was your age, and yada yada yada. What is the point>?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
How about Watch Watch Watch. then you show them your watch.
Ireland
View Profile
Loyal user
Regina, Sask. Canada
217 Posts

Profile of Ireland
"You're not going to change your mind?...You like the one you have?" Whenever I hear that I scream on the inside!...although once I screamed on the outside.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-07-11 20:10, Dannydoyle wrote:
What is the point>?

I suppose ther is no point, really, other than to have some fun.

Maybe by listing them all then it will cause some people to take a look at their routines in order to try to avoid using overused hackneyed stale jokes and gags.

On the other hand, there may be people who WANT to become stale hackneyed magicians, and in that case this thread would be a starting point, of sorts Smile
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Every move a picture...A picture of me doin the moves.

I havent ever really heard that one from other people but one friend said the first part and I said the last one night. it sounded funny. I don't know if it's still funny to others but it makes me smile.

Maybe a good exercise would be to just pound out a few old used up one liners and then we could all think up new ways of conveying the same point. Rather than just talking about BAD LINES. You would be amazed at how creative excercises like this can open up a ton of new material.

Whos First?
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
It's who's on first?
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
No Who's on second.
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
Hey , you guys quit using this worn out lines and then I'll be the only one to use them. Then I can be the "Thief of Badgags".
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Nuthin up my sleeves.... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:

On the other hand, there may be people who WANT to become stale hackneyed magicians, and in that case this thread would be a starting point, of sorts Smile

I thought it would be a starting point of stale, hackneyed magicians, not sorts.

What's a sort, anyway?
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Who's on first... That was my exwife's maiden name so I think the question is "who's on First NOW?" and "how long is the line?"

Nothin up my sleeves...Or in my pockets. That's why I'm here, stay in school kids.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Nothing ere( show hand empty), nothing here (show other hand empty) and nothing here (poit to you head.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Most of the lines for invisible deck
-shuffle the cards... Takeing them out of the box firs will make it easyer
-ohps you dropt a few.
-make sure that you don't mix them face to face or back to back... like you just did.
-dont drop them it would take us houers to find them again.
Vibono Mirage
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
-I got this trick from David Copperfeild, somehow he seamed glad to get rid of it.
-thank you! if you liked the show we are Vibono & Mirage if you dident like it we'r Sigfried & Roy
-It's time for the trick you all been waitinf for... the last
- that's all folks if you liked the show pleas tell you friends, if you didn't please tell us, we wont tell anyone
Vibono Mirage
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Vibono, I liked that last one. Funny stuff.
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
YOU,if that is your real name
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Most overused jokes / gags / patter (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL