The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Eclipse gimmick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
Wondering if anyone has Eclipse and what your thoughts are on the gimmick, and the effect.

Thanks,
john

I decided to buy "Eclipse" and am disappointed with my purchase. The gimmick, I made on my own many years ago from information found within Duane Laflin's videos/notes.

It is not my place to reveal the gimmick here, but I will tell you that I think I wasted my money. I did get a couple of silk streamers, but not worth the price.

I don't recommend this.

j.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
You need to read the lecture notes of Jay Scott Berrys 2000 lecture tour.

I use the eclipse tip and it rocks for me.
There is a video that Jay has too that works great for creating new things for the tip.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Michael MacDonald
cardican66
View Profile
Loyal user
Alabama
222 Posts

Profile of cardican66
At a recent kids performance, I used mine to achieve a "Chamelon Silk" effect. It blew away the kids and their parents! I like the eclipse.
Regards,
LLoyd

Experience teaches only the teachable.
Aldous Huxley (1894 - 1963)
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
I have used Jay's "Total Eclipse" effect in my show for years. When it was time to replenish my supply of silk streamers for the effect I found that the set went from being three 2"x8" streamers, to one 2"x8" streamer and 2 tiny 1"x8" streamers.

The original set of streamers were small for certain venues and the new version are nearly unusable. Does anyone carry the old standard set????
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
The original set of streamers were small for certain venues and the new version are nearly unusable. Does anyone carry the old standard set????
________

I considered purchasing some ribbon from a craft store. That is what Duane Laflin suggested in one of his videos on silk magic.
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I use the eclipse tip all the time. I think it is great for sucker silk but also to do a very clean bill switch.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
You really need to see Jay Scott Berry's lecture to get the full effect of this wonderful device. I was lucky enough to a have front row seat at an intimate lecture with Jay. He incorporates flawless loads, steals, ditches, appearances, vanishes and transformations into a beautiful routine of PURE magic. The man will fool the pants off you using gimmicks you thought you knew well. Don't underestimate the power of this utility device by see what it is. That one modification to the gimmick and some well practiced hands will work wonders.
PS- His "Cloaking Device" is great too!
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Eclipse gimmick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL