The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Caged underwater escape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
Seal launch is when you launch your kayak from a high dry place almost vertically in the water ?

I tried this a few times from a boat, but It was not as controlled as I wish It should have Smile
I remember almost dying of fright playing kayak polo and tipping over when I was 10 Smile
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4498 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
You got seal launch pretty much right! Although there is no formal definition (no one has time for that in canoeing). It can also be sliding down a steep slope. A friend has a video of some bloke (well call him nutter) sliding down a 300 ft rock face into a river.

Definitely sounds like you played canoe polo! Being scared half to death…. We played against the oxford team once……… lost miserably! Didn’t find out till afterwards that it is LEGAL to hit your opponent with the paddle! If only we had known at the time!

Actually when I think about it – you have a lot of control in a kayak – more than you would in a cage like she was.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Caged underwater escape (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL