We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Diablo string (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Hi, I am having a bit of trouble doing power thrusts, when I do them the string all of a sudden wraps round the axle like a yo-yo, I have been told it is because the string is dirty, how should I clean it?
Or os ot something else I am doing?
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
Get some new string
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
I only got the diablo 2 days ago!

Anyway, I cleaned the string, and I am still having trouble with it,
also when I am trying to do chinease snaps the string all of a sudden curls around the axle like a yo-yo,

any suggestions how to stop this?
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
I also have it with some new (new for me) tricks. Boring answer but it gets better with practise. Try playing with more/less tension on the string while doing the tricks

If the string gets very greasy it might be good to put on a new string. For me the string lasts a lot longer then 2 days.
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
When doing any trick with a wrapped string one hand should be slightly in front off or behind the other hand (depending on the direction of the wrap). Also big thick string will wrap more easily than thinner string. Most craft stores sell blind cord in different sizes so experiment with some. Also make sure you are using bradied cord and not twisted cord.

Kevin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Diablo string (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL