The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Liquid Band by the Godfather (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Vinny has the new handling of Liquid Band available on his website now for instant download!

Took me about 10 minutes to learn the nuances, and another 10 minutes experimenting with finger positions and whatnot to get comfortable with it. It can be done with a borrowed pen or even your own finger.

The $6 gets you the spectators view, over the shoulder view, and re-penetration explanation videos. It's available at http://www.vinnymarini.com
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10616 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Thank you jonathan and charlie you guys are my first tow customers , I am very proud of this effect I consider this one of the best band penetrtations to date.
if there is any questions please feel to contact me
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
sgrossberg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
737 Posts

Profile of sgrossberg
Liquid Band is one of the most visually appealing and stunning band effects you can perform. And . . . Vinny's presentation makes this a true miracle - not just a puzzle - for spectators. You can't go wrong. - Scott
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6903 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Okay. Wow. That looks great.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
655 Posts

Profile of oombob
Hi Vin... is this a variation on "Liquid Penetration" from the Godfather DVD?

The instant download section sounds great... I am excited to see what's next from the godfather!
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
I've seen Vinny perform the original handling from the Godfather DVD hundreds of times. I loved the penetration but HATED the get-ready. As a result, I never bothered to learned it.

When Vinny told me he re-worked the handling and even added another phase to the routine, he got me interested. The problems I had from the effect were fixed and I feel that it's very powerful now. Well worth the six bucks!

P.S. Touching Bend is pretty excellent, too. I will be honest and say that I'm involved in the project, but I think it's the perfect follow-up to a fork bending routine.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
Okay I just downloaded it, here's my review.

The effect 9/10

I think the preview video speaks for itself. It's a straight to the point, highly visual trick. It's quick, leaves and impact, and can be combined with similiar tricks to form a routine.

Usefulness

10/10

It is what it says it is. Use any rubberband, use any pen/pencil, this is all sleight of hand. First off, I carry I pen and rubberband with me everywhere. A pen for everyday usefulness and to do recap. A rubberband for Daniel Garcia's effect with a ring/rubberband and CMH. This will definately be in my repretoire and is going to be added to my impromptu stuff.

Teaching 8/10

Rubberband effects always get me confused because of the finger movements. I think Godfather could've gone slower on some of the parts, and there was one tricky part that I had to view over and over to understand. To his credit though there is an extra over the shoulder shot which I couldn't have done without. Also he says he's here to help anyone.

Easy of difficulty 9/10

This is not a hard effect to do, but it will take a little practice. It took me 10 minutes to be able to do the effect and mess around with the finger positions. I'm definately going to dedicate more time to get the angles down and get the movement fluid, I'm estimating an hour straight of practice and it'll be to my standards.

Cost 9/10

I'm not a fan of purchasing single trick downloads, but at $6 this is a STEAL. Something that is impromptu, visual, and I will use on an everyday basis. Also as soon as you pay for it through paypal there's automatically a link to download it, so it's instant. I didn't have to wait for any e-mails, or go through any complicated websites.

I haven't performed it for anyone yet but I know a winner when I see one. You won't regret it! Good job Godfather, I'll be keeping a lokout on your future releases.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10616 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Lylaster I want to thank you for this increditable review of Liquid band,
I am glad you will use it I belive this to be one of the most visual band effects to date.... and it should be in everyones repotire of band effects

once again thank you so much
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

Castle2369
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston, MA
207 Posts

Profile of Castle2369
Hello Vinny,

I just wanted to say that your Liquid Band effect is amazing, I've been very excited about your effect since I first learned-it. I wanted to let all of you here know that Liquid Band is a teriffic effect, and it's a wonderful crowd-pleaser. I actually performed this recently at the local Solomon Pond Mall a few days ago and the reactions I got were fantastic, a few people even thought I was using a gimmicked pen and so I let them keep everything afterwards for a souvenir. This is not only easy to perform, but it's also very fun to perform aswell. The Godfather of Magic is Brilliant, keep those wonderful ideas coming Vinny!

Respectfully,

Erick Castle
Creator of the Gallerian Bend
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6903 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Just purchased it. Great effect. This is exact the kind of visual, impromptu magic I'm looking for. Best of all, there are no cards involved! Don't get me wrong, I love card effects. But I'm always on the lookout for good non-card items. This is a terrific effect that I'm sure will fit right into the repetoire of many magicians. Congratulations, Godfather!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10616 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Eric and CF thank you both for your support and very kind words,I love band magic and for walk around and table hopping thebands have become one of my favortie effects to perform, they pack small but go over very strong.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
How about we save space on the forum and just put a 2 thumbs up next to everything from the Godfather?

All kidding aside, even though I haven't gotten the effect yet, looking at the effect from a laymen's point of view, I think it is a shocking penetration. It plays straight to their expectations, which makes it a great crowd pleaser.

Also, everyone knows it will be impossibly easy to learn, not because of the effect it self, but because of Vinny's great teaching and his willingness to help anyone. I do not have it yet, but seeing much of his other stuff, I can honestly say I was never dissapointed.

Cody
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Vinny,

The first time you showed me this effect, I fell in love with it right away. As you know, I hardly do any rubber band effects. Actually, I do none. This one is a gem. Congratulations Godfather!

Rannie
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
I would love to buy it but as with many other books and instant downloads there is no other option for PayPal. There are still some countries which are not members of PayPal and I realy hate to call and bother my friends in Canada or Austria to order it for me.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
This effect is such a clean beauty. I wish I could think like this! I hope you sell a million. A sincere thanks for even releasing it.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2113 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Can Mac users download this effect? I'm all ready to fork over my $6, but want to make sure I'll be able to view it before I take the plunge.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10616 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Kevin,

I don't know much about mac's...they are encoded in WMV format and the three movie files are zipped into one file. Buy it, if you can't play it I'll gladly refund your money. Just shoot me a pm or email and let me know.
Come check out my magic.

Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Quote:
On 2006-07-16 09:51, bojanbarisic wrote:
I would love to buy it but as with many other books and instant downloads there is no other option for PayPal. There are still some countries which are not members of PayPal and I realy hate to call and bother my friends in Canada or Austria to order it for me.

I could PayPal but would rather eat a flaming feces dipped porcupine whole. The denial to process $20,000 raised for Katrina relief by Something Awful because PayPal is in bed with United Way is disgustingly inhumane. This effect I would gladly purchase (come on it's only $6!) if I had another option. When I clicked to order I was disappointed to see PayPal. No disrespect to the Godfather, he is a stand up guy through and through and has freely given card slights to me and others. I realize PayPal is an easy way to set up shop. I do want this effect and will contact him to see if there is another agreeable way to complete the transaction. Nice effect Vinny, 3 thumbs up!
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Love the effect. I sent a payment through paypal and it will probably clear in
2-3 days.

I don't know why it takes them so long, they used to charge my credit card and the payment would clear right away, now they use echecks and it takes 2-3 days.

Looking forward to getting this soon.
duarte007
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of duarte007
This looks good, but I saw this about a year ago, which Vinny is putting this out, because this Vinny Marini was telling vmendoza this about his video...

Vinny Marini scrawled on Thu, 07 April 2005 16:18:21:
send message
vince straight 10s from me you did a BEAUTIFUL JOB WITH LIQUID
BAND........
THE GODFATHER OF MAGIC
VINNY

http://www.magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=5219

vmendoza says that the going on part is his and the coming of is a rework of the original. I looked for the original and it looked nothing like this. This looks exactly like Vince Mendozas work. What's what, did he sell his handling or what?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Liquid Band by the Godfather (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL