The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Liquid Band by the Godfather (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
duarte007
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of duarte007
Okay, looks like I can'r modify my other post. I found this link on Magic Video Depot of Vinny's first upload. The set-up look really messy:

http://www.magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=3664

It doesn't look like it does now, so who's is this??????? I looked on Filpside and it's not being sold there, but his found link is. I'm still confused.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10616 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Durate 007 it seems there are always people trying to disscredit others.
several years ago I sent my liquid band to Vince mendoza with the handling and he loved liquid band ,
some time later vince sent me his idea of the repenetration and yes I told him his handling was beautiful,,, but he never sent me his handling, hejust a demo.
after that I sent vince my handling to see if it was the same as his and he never got back to me. I suggested to him him to put his handling in his up comming dvd but said, he did not want to step on my toes . I assured him it would be ok with me.
I even credit Vince on my demo for the inspiration and the repnetration
However LIQUID BAND is MY EFFECT AND MY IDEA Vince added some beautiful touches
I hope I made this clear
vinny
ps my handling any size band can be used
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Just got this. Awesome Vinny! Keep up the good work.
When will the spoon bend be out? Looks great.
Best,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
OK - I'm going to step in here before things snowball like they often do.

Vinny is a friend and yes he sent me Liquid Penetration a couple of years ago, I loved the idea, but wasn't too keen on the get-ready. I worked on it and realized that you could first penetrate onto an object before you penetrated off an object. You can use a pencil, pen, magic wand, thick slurpee straw, butter knife, or your finger. I sent Vinny a demo and he loved it. I posted it on MVD and recieved rave reviews about it. If you know my other work, you'll know that I tend to develop 2-3 handlings - I guess it's a habit I picked up from Ed Marlo. Anyhow, Vinny is right in that I never sent him my handlings. I worked out three variations depending on how I felt that day and how daring I wanted to be. Two of the handlings leave your hand in what I felt was a resctrictive position with too many fingers closed. I wanted it to look more open. The third - the one I use - is a little more advanced, but leaves you open.

Vinny sent me what he had worked out, and - my bad - I didn't get back to him. He is using one of the alternate handlings, but it's no big deal to me. He did work it out for himself. He gave me his blessings to do what I want with what I've come up with, and he's got my blessings with this.

I am backed up on many things and I posted last May that I would focus on getting my DVD out by years end. I also posted what the DVD would contain.

I'm sure Vinny has given me the credit I deserve on this instructional video as I have credited him with coming up with the inital concept. Whew -- That was a mouth full.

Now run along and play nice - Oh and to Duarte - Vinny and I are not the same person. Vinny's got the age, I have the beauty.

Keep smiling Vin

Vince Mendoza
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10616 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Vince thank you for being a very classy guy,.....Two with the same name and same interests is a rare thing .
however I got the age and the beauty lol
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I have just got done watching Vinny Marini's "Liquid Band" video download(s).

Very nice effect. And, very clearly explained. In watching the videos, it is also clear that Vinny had spent a lot of time exploring rubber band magic.

Me? I'm basically a CMH type of guy but I can see myself picking this up and incorporating it into a CMH routine.

I really like the slow presentation of the explanation and the repeat explanations. What I especially liked was the "over the back" views of the effect. Makes it crystal clear what is going on.

Easy to do and well worth the $6.00 download fee. I wish more magicians would consider selling individual effects this way.

Way to go, Vinny!!

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
655 Posts

Profile of oombob
Quote:
On 2006-07-16 18:44, Mercury52 wrote:
Can Mac users download this effect? I'm all ready to fork over my $6, but want to make sure I'll be able to view it before I take the plunge.

Kevin

I'm running Mac OSX...this plays just fine in your Windows Media Player for Mac.

For six bucks...this can't be beat! Simple, totally impromptu and the effect IMO is as strong if not stronger than Crazy Man's Handcuffs, or Mislead!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10616 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Oombob,

I am glad it works on your Mac. I don't know anything about them...

Again, if anyone out there with a Mac can't get the videos to play, send me an email after purchasing it and I will gladly refund your money.
Come check out my magic.

Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Here is my review of Liquid Band:

Effect:

A regular unprepared rubberband is spread around the thumb and first finger of the right hand and a pencil is placed through it. With the hand in an open position and with the audience burning the pencil and rubberband the pencil impossibly melts right through the band very visually. Also, using the idea that Vinny credited to Vince Mendoza, you can then put the pencil underneath the rubberband, with the rubberband in the same position and have the pencil melt into the band.
This effect is very practical as all it needs is a borrowed rubberband and any pen or pencil, however, from my experience, this works better with pens and pencils that are thinner and do not have a lot of stuff like clickers hanging off them.

I give the effect an 8/10.

Difficulty:

The penetration relies on a quick setup move that is done with the audience burning your hands and done very quickly. It takes some practice to get it down, but Vinny teaches it very well. Personally, I was having a hard time with one part of the move, but after talking to Vinny, he told me what I was doing wrong and he made it very easy.

(4/10)

Angles:

The angles for the effect are very, very good. They are very easy to work with, and I believe the effect can be done surrounded. There is only one bad thing for the audience to see and it is so easily covered that it does not really matter. Just a few minutes in front of a mirror should clear up the bad angle.

(9/10)

The Band:

As Vinny has said, any band can be used. Number 19's are best. I was having a hard time learning the effect with a smaller band but was able to learn it easier with a bigger one, and now I can do it with the smaller. So I recommend learning with a slightly stretchier, larger band. Also, when you do the move, you start to build up finger strength in one area of the hand where there is a bit of strain, but it is very easy to get used to.

All in all, the effect is great. The method is simple and practical and not extremely difficult. The practicality of this effect is what makes it stand out. The reactions of the spectators will not be screaming and running around. They will be more like "What the f***", confused reactions, but very good all the same. You will have people coming up to you and saying "show me that thing with the band". Personally, I do barely any rubberband effects, but Vinny made this very easy, and he has a winner with this one. I'm glad I put in the time to learn it and I implore you to do the same.

Cody
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Thanks to Vinny for a wonderful effect and for his easy to follow instructional technique. I too will work LB into a CMH presentation. If I had a hat on I would tip it to him for making this happen. If you work with bands or even if you don't, get this effect, you will be very glad you did.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2006-07-17 20:04, Jerrine wrote:
Thanks to Vinny for a wonderful effect and for his easy to follow instructional technique. I too will work LB into a CMH presentation. If I had a hat on I would tip it to him for making this happen. If you work with bands or even if you don't, get this effect, you will be very glad you did.

So how was that porcupine?
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
No porcupine for me thank you very much. Let's just say Vinnie is even more of a stand up guy than I said before.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2113 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I just downloaded this a little while ago. Worked just fine, no hassle on a Powerbook G4 running OS 10.4.7

I like the effect, and it seems like it'll be a worker. I haven't pulled out a band yet to start playing with it, but I'm looking forward to it!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
870 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I got it today and love it. The over the shoulder view really makes everything clear.

Thanks Vin.

Jack
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
I got the liquid band today and what has been said above is totally the truth, this trick will be in my repertoire for years to come, very visual and magical and I like how easy and casual the set up is, thanks so much Vinny for such a wonderful gift, I say gift because this trick and the reation I'll get from it and just 6 bucks,it is really a gift.

Thanks again Vinny, and I'm looking forward to your next instant download.

Mano.
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
388 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
Thank you vinny. bought this about 15 min ago. took that long to learn it. the over the shoulder shot made it very easy to learn. did it for my wife 3 times and she doesn't have a clue. if it can fool her it will fool the fellas. nice effect...thanks..gino
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Ggarcia, if you watch your angles you can have your wife hold onto the pen after you stick it through the band.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Quote:
On 2006-07-18 22:19, CharlieC wrote:
Ggarcia, if you watch your angles you can have your wife hold onto the pen after you stick it through the band.

That is a very good idea Charlie.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10616 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
It has been brought to my attention by andrew that once the band is on your thumb and index fingers all eyes will be burning you hands. I forgot to demonstrate this on the demo how I do it ,, please feel free to contact me I will send a demo with some tips
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Badger
View Profile
Veteran user
Ireland
371 Posts

Profile of Badger
$6 you cant go wrong!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Liquid Band by the Godfather (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL