The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Quick change suit (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Manitoba
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Hey guys,

I'm trying to find someone or some source that has information on the suit that changes with only a curtain held up in front.

Any help would be appreciated,

Evan
p:m
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Profile of p:m
Check out the Quick Change (Rapid Costume Changes for Men) book by Will Goldston.

I do a quick change in about 3 seconds with a curtain thrown up and when it lands I'm changed. From a black tux to a white tux.

I have seen so many people interested in quick changes lately. I wonder why. David and Dania maybe? ...
<BR>www.petermckinnon.com
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
On 2006-07-15 10:21, Jak wrote:
Check out the Quick Change (Rapid Costume Changes for Men) book by Will Goldston.

Are you sure that Will Goldston is the author, or are you speaking about the book by Sven Schoppenhauer?
http://www.quickchange.de
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
magicmike96
View Profile
New user
PLAINFIELD, IL
98 Posts

Profile of magicmike96
I have been interested in quick changes as long as I have liked magic, but David and Dania definitely made me want to do it more than ever. Can we come up with a list of books and videos on the subject? MIKE
( /) what if the
(0.o) hokey pokey
(><) really IS what its all about?!
/_[_
feel free to pm me. MIKE Smile
ades888
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of ades888
Yasuda of Japan has released a Costume Change DVD. I have not had a look at it, but am interested in adding this type of effect to my act. For those that use them, how difficult and/or expensive (if getting a taylor to make them) are they to be made?
Nell
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
265 Posts

Profile of Nell
This is a aspect of magic close to my heart, so, please understand the prep time involved before throwing yourself into it lightly. Also, the Yasuda DVD only addresses female costume...
"A trick may be very good...but...the illusionist must be better than the trick." -René Lavand
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-07-16 01:34, ades888 wrote:
For those that use them, how difficult and/or expensive (if getting a taylor to make them) are they to be made?

I change from a black tux with pink dress shirt and red tie to a white tux with black dress shirt and white tie.

Now with buying the suits and taking them to the tailor etc, the whole cost me about.. 520.00$ Cdn Currency.
Nell
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
265 Posts

Profile of Nell
Cost really depends on who does it and where you live... If you go to someone who doesn't specialize in QC, it is crucial that you understand what has to be done and how the garment must operate because the tailor will look at you like you are crazy. I had a long discussion with my costuming professor(an accomplished tailor and Hollywood/Theatre costume designer/builder) about a tuxedo change I was commissioned to make this spring. She stared at me blankly for several minutes and then started asking a million questions... Needless to say, it is important to know what you're getting involved with before you spend a lot of money and receive a garment that won't do what you need it to.
"A trick may be very good...but...the illusionist must be better than the trick." -René Lavand
Fornby
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Fornby
Jak,

Changing suits; is it possible to do while walking and the head is seen?
(I got this idea... using BA... Smile)

Thanks,
Gene
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Gene,

It is absolutely possible.

We've also have been fascinated by the quick change for a long time and David and Dania were the inspiration to finally do it. We do a double dove act, where both of us produce a number of doves and then Pat changes from tuxedo to evening gown and I change from tuxedo to "show shirt" and slacks.

For us, it was a natural. Pat is an expert seamstress and she put together the outfits for both of us in about a day. She made the gown and we used old show clothes for the tuxes so the cost was minimal.

We used both the Sven Schoppenhauer book and the Yasuda DVD for direction. Both were very valuable in the construction of the outfits. The changes, especially Pat's, often gets gasps out of the audience. Also, because we use a cloth hoop for Pat's change, we can do it anywhere, even surrounded. We both have enjoyed adding this to our routines.

All the best,

Rob
Fornby
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Fornby
Rob,

Thanks a lot for the comprehensive reply!

Best regards,
Gene
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-07-19 09:58, Fornby wrote:
Jak,

Changing suits; is it possible to do while walking and the head is seen?
(I got this idea... using BA... Smile)

Thanks,
Gene

Yeah I do that on occasion.
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
I am having quick change clothes being custom made from someone that specializes in them and its taken 3 months so far. I am suppose to get them in another 25 days I will let you know if the designer is worth doing business with.
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Lusion, can you mention the name of the designer? And some contact info wouldn't hurt also. You can PM me if you want. Thanks Smile
The GodFather
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of The GodFather
Lusio

I cant wait for your comments about your new suit
"My goal is to spread around happiness and entertainment, by erasing the illusion of time and live in eternity "

The GodFather Magician
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Hi Guys,

I reccomend you get the Sven Schoppenhaur book on quick change as it covers everything about the subject for men. Also if you visit his site you can can quick change accessories like colour changing bow ties, etc already made! http://www.quickchange.de/

Also have you seen Lee Alex's new waistcoat (vest) change? (Lee translated Sven's book into English) Take a look, looks great and is on my list to buy! (Actualy I'm getting my Mum to get me this for my birthday next week, as she never knows what to get and it alway ends up me wanting magic!) Can't wait!

BTW Can anyone tell me what the track is in Lee's video? I've been after this for ages!

Thanks Sean

Heres the Link! http://www.magicwaistcoat.com/
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
The music in the video is from the movie Kill Bill.
the track is called "Battle Without Honor or Humanity" by Tomoyasu Hotei
there are various mixes available
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
Thanx for that!
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

My Suit was also custom tailored by a man who does it for well, just about a living. He is a tailor for generic clothes etc, but countless pros in the city here have gone to him for costume change tailoring. It is GREAT. Worth every penny (300$) I would have paid double it was such a good job.
eb02
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of eb02
There is a new vest changing color on Hocus pocus site.
http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1
There is also a DVD - Art of costum change, which he explain diffrent methods of quick change.

Posted: Jul 29, 2006 3:08am
--------------------------------------
See this movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpLTM08nieo
Eran Blizovsky
www.magic4business.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Quick change suit (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL