We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » I found the neatest PA system that weighs only 10 lbs and sound excellent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Anyone that has followed my posts here knows that I love playing with PA systems. Through the years I have owned numerous systems and used them in my programs. Most recently I had been using a little system called a PORTABLE BUDDY made by Amplivox- it was great and I had o compplaints until I saw something I could hardly believe.

I recently saw a juggler using a system called a PASO PROCAST 50 at a OUTDOOR show and I was blown away at the thing. Remember, he was outdoors and had an audience of at least 300. Everyone could hear him crystal clear! I had to know what this was as I had never heard of Paso but boy am I glad that I asked. He let me play with it for a few minutes and I fell in love with it.

First off it weighs about 10 lbs. maybe even less. It is very small and compact! Best of all, it will handle large crowds and it is clear as a bell.

So....I have sold all of my other systems (Amplivox and Mipro) and took the money and bought one of these Paso systems. All I can say is that I am soooo glad I did.

It comes with a rechargable battery, tiny headset mic, etc. and it is very unique. I am always interested in anything that will make my job easier and something that is lightweight.

If anyone is interested in the system, here is the link:

http://www.pasosound.com/wpcs50.shtml

No, I do not work for them and I get nothing out of this!

Posted: Jul 15, 2006 8:36am
P.S. You also have an option of adding a 2nd wireless, a companion speaker and a cd player if you so desire.

I paid $685.00 for everything! This may seem like a lot but I can tell you that once you see it and hear it that you'll love it just the same as I do.

Sure, you can run out and buy a passport with 2 speakers but who wants to take 5 minutes putting a system together not to mention the weight.

I have back problems and this is the perfect solution for me. I have already used it in about a dozen shows and I can testify that this is without a dount the best system I have ever owned.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Todd I looked over that system, and I agree, it has everything a magician needs I like it and the price is not bad when you consider what you are getting. The Fender PAS is more than that and you don't get everything the PASO PROCAST 50 offers.

The only thing I don't see is Stereo Capabilities. Did I miss something?

Dennis
Dennis Michael
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
It has bass and treble controls as well as a place to plug in your music, an additional speaker and more. The neatest thing is that it is so small. The onlt other system I have ever seen on the market that is the same size is the Florida Magic system. Only this thing will blow the Florida Magic system out of the water.

If you want cyrstal clear sound in a small package that plays very big, this is a great buy. I used mine in a school gym just this morning for close to 400 kids at a church conference and it was up about half way. I actually was asked to turn it down!

Posted: Jul 15, 2006 3:09pm
Forgot to also mention that I have used it 5 times in row without having to recharge it. That is about 4 hours of showtime on one charge. Love it!
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1631 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
This system intrigues me. I went to proaudiosuperstore.com
and it appears the basic unit is only just over $300, which is less than the Florida magic unit, and better according to you. What am I missing? Can I work my ipod off it? Roger
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Yes, your Ipod will work with it. The "base" unit as you put it may not contain the built in wireless receiver. The one I bought which was $438.00 contains the receiver. The belt pack and headset mic. were additional.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1631 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Here is the link that I found where it is $315. It appears to have the receiver built in. What else, if anything, will I need?
http://www.proaudiosuperstore.com/paso-wpcs50.html
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
If you so desire, you'll also need the beltpack and mic.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1631 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Do you know if they provide a carying case for this product? On one site they say they do, but I cannot find the link. Also, I have a Nady hand held wireless mike. Will this work with the system? It still seems a lot cheaper thn you quoted on the link above, and it does include a built in receiver.......or am I missing something?
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
You could always plug in your wireless system to it but the built in receiver is not going to work with your microphone. I "think " if you do this that you'll be losing your ability to play music through it thought because you'll have to use the Aux. line input. If you want to send the money the handheld mic. that the system is designed for is not that much more expensive.

As far as the carry case, I use a nice carrying bag that is a little bigger than the system itself. It works just fine!
Creative Coach
View Profile
Loyal user
Anderson, SC
294 Posts

Profile of Creative Coach
Todd,
Where do you buy your's from? How's the headset mic? Does the unit sit on a stand?

All The Best!
John Cooper
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
I got mine from Joe Lefler...the guy that makes the suitcase tables. The headset mic. is very small and easily fits over the back of your head. The unit will go onto a mic. stand.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Does this system have AC capabilities and not jus DC. and is or does it come with a wireless mic. you may PM me on this to. D,
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
It's tru AC/DC so you can either plug it in and use it or charge the battery. The headset and belt pack are extra!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Where does one find or get the Prices on these things. I looked and don't see no Prices Listed. also is the soundcaster better then this other model your talking about.
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
http://www.wearefun.com

I am not sure that Joe has these listed on his site yet. You may have to call him to get a price. Make sure to tell him that Todd sent you!
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1631 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
I have just bought one. I got it from the link listed in my post above. $315 for the unit and $145 for a hand held wireless mike. It should be here in about a week. I hope it is as good as Todd says!
todd75
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of todd75
Jolly-

I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll love it! Just put it up in the air on a mic. stand so that it is over the head of the audience. Like I mentioned, I've used mine in several surroundings and have yet to have any complaints whatsoever.

Word of wanring: It's very small but powerful so be careful when you turn it on as it rocks. I am not sure about the handheld mic. but I am only guess that it is just as good as my headset.

Please post a review when you get it and have had a chance to "play" with it. I am curious what others think of it!
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Uh whats $315 and what is $145 I'm getting a price of $714 not to sure where the Difference is. am I looking at the right page. http://www.wearefun.com/catalog/product_......_id=1057
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1631 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Here are the people I bought it from
http://www.proaudiosuperstore.com/paso-wpcs50.html
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Jolly Roger Thank You do you mind if I ask what you all bought from them. the 315 is a lot cheaper then the $714 just for a audio thing minus the extras.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » I found the neatest PA system that weighs only 10 lbs and sound excellent (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL