The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Free Energy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1046 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
A rebuttal page: http://www.phact.org/e/skeptic/newman.htm

Randi's take: http://www.randi.org/jr/03-22-2000.html

Also, I think I saw this Newman fellow on tv once, maybe on the A&E special he mentioned on his page.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Yes, if you were onto something BIG, you wouldn't be left alone as Uncle Sam would be wiping out you and anyone near and dear to you.

The Amazing Randi details and the rest should keep quiet if they come across something that "works".
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
No such this as free energy...

Cheap energy maybe, but nothing is free.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2006-07-16 03:39, Daegs wrote:
No such this as free energy...

Cheap energy maybe, but nothing is free.

You Bet!
Do some serious research on Nikola Tesla and see for yourself.
If Tesla was just a farse, why did the Federal Government have his personal safe opened up and all of the contents removed and kept under wraps?
Most Everyone here at the Café Knows about Nikola Tesla but we should all read up a little more about the man and wonder why the Feds went to such extremes to shut the man up and began to loot (steal) his personal belongings the minute he was not able to stop them (when he passed away) and to keep all information from the Public except what little they wanted to release.
http://www.frank.germano.com/nikolatesla.htm
-Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Lol... same reason government invest in Remote Viewing and psyhics... They have way too much money and can't afford to be wrong about things.

Cheaper to throw some time/money(when you have it in abundance as the government does) at quacks on the 1/million chance that they are legit, rather than ignore and miss out if something ever happens to be legit.

"Serious Research" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

So what research should I do where it tells me where free energy is and how to get it!?!?!?!?

Reminds me of my uncle Joe who invented a realistic way to levitate, but then the government came and disappeared him... .now there is no trace!!!!

Look up my uncle, YOU WONT FIND ANY TRACE HE EXISTED!!!! that is proof right there he was real!
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2487 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Oddly enough, we may soon have a machine that puts out more energy than it uses. I have seen a prototype (not yet working) with my own eyes. It is simply a fusion machine (tokamac) that creates temperatures inside of it that rival the Sun. It is theorized, that once we get the technology sorted out, that free energy will be ours.

There is, of course, a price to be paid. If the machine should develop a pin hole while opperational, the explosion would be spectacular and large enough to take out a small city.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
SantaClaus
View Profile
New user
North Pole
28 Posts

Profile of SantaClaus
Boy, I got excited when I read that first link and it said something about taking it to a golf course. Sadly, the sentence was misleading, and I'll have to continue to derive energy from my 460 CC Driver. (Which, to my knowledge, The Amazing Randi has yet to debunk.)
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27115 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-07-18 09:57, Cliffg37 wrote:
Oddly enough, we may soon have a machine that puts out more energy than it uses. I have seen a prototype (not yet working) with my own eyes. It is simply a fusion machine (tokamac) that creates temperatures inside of it that rival the Sun. It is theorized, that once we get the technology sorted out, that free energy will be ours. ..

Theorized
once we get the technology sorted out

how about simply keeping in mind that the sun is safe (kind of) because it is way far away and we are protected by a large magnetic field and atmosphere?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Arguably, solar, wind, and wave energy are sources of power that on the whole go to waste at the moment...

There are also hydrogen powered engines that produce only water as waste.

Whilst on the subject of Tesla and government interest, lets not forget Wilhelm Reich.

Tesla discovered a way to broadcast energy through the planet for relatively small cost. His theories used the natural amplification of harmonic oscillations. Any musician can tell you that a certain note played on their guitar, piano whatever will make the fridge rattle.

Edison invented something called the phonomotor, a drill powered by the human voice. Noise energy is another wellspring of possibility.

It seems governments keep telling us these ways are inefficient and we need Nuclear energy. Although anyone with any sense can see that the interest in Nuclear is mainly for military purposes, nuclear energy being a bi-product of the arms industry...

Without doubt we have the technology to utilise all kinds of natural energies that are not being given the attention they deserve.

Why? I fear the reasons are political and military in origin.

There is no need to be ignorant about these things the information is out there.

A solar powered boiler was used to print a newspaper in Paris in 1866 'Le Soleil', it was demonstrated to Napoleon, and I believe the machine exists to this day.

Corona.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27115 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-07-15 23:49, Micheal Leath wrote:
http://www.josephnewman.com/

Any thoughts?

Okay, if you're SURE you need to hear this.

Firstly the dimensional analysis argument is irrelevant to his claims.
Second, he has not made claims of a quantitative nature.

I'm gonna be blunt here. If the guy could spend a half hour reading the a guide to writing papers he could offer something cogent.

If he REALLY wanted to communicate he could get a local student to help him get something more interesting to read and easier on the eyes online.

How could someone so "smart" have missed reading a dummies book to web page design or even a simple guide to communications?

What's left is loud, vague, and more of an ad copy exercise than an attempt to announce a discovery. Anyone want to send the guy a copy of Atlas Shrugged ?

Sure there is hope for the physics. Hope. Maybe someone, someday.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I am personally very weary of all the people proposing solar/thermal/wind energy.

If you follow the "flap of a butterflies wings causing a hurricane" chaos type theory, then I cant help thinking about what happens when you take away 5% of the winds from the planet that has used them for so many years.

Same thing with solar energy... while I realize right now its so minute it wont make much of a difference, but what happens when 5%-10% of the earth is covered in solar plates, what about the ground underneath that doesn't get as warm and therefore soil/bacteria/whatever else changes in ways we cant even think of.

At least with oil and nuclear energy, we are using stuff that for the most part is sitting around the planet... with solar/thermal/wind we are actively taking energy away from our biosphere without knowing how it will affect things... again fine right now but what about in a couple years if we start relying on it majorly?

Also, fusion does not make more energy than it takes in!!!

It requires fuel and all the energy it makes is taken from the atomic bonds/atoms it uses during the process.

Just like a coal powerplant might make more electricity than it uses, but it definitely doesn't create more energy than it uses...

Why are the only people(at least on this forum) raving about free energy or whatever else the people that obviously don't understand it!?!?!?
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
What a load of B*****k's!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27115 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-07-18 20:54, Daegs wrote:
I am personally very weary of all the people proposing solar/thermal/wind energy.... but what happens when 5%-10% of the earth is covered in solar plates...

First, the energy converted in nuclear fusion is not that of atomic bonds but in the strong nuclear force. Atomic bonds work for fire but as of early last century it was obvious that the sun was not a fire.

Okay, on to the question of wind and solar. With all due respect, covering some deserts with solar panels at a about 20 feet up, say 50 percent coverage may well help make some places more temperate and suitable for agriculture, as well as trapping water at night. Think DUNE.

Other options inculde removing most technology from our planet and leaving it as a nature preserve. Not a bad idea. But we need to get other things going long before that. Then we can play Lord of The Rings.

Okay, back to what we can do today. IMHO studying one's basic physics is a good start. From there, some less "biased" geological studies seem well in order.

Peace.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
That's what I meant to say Smile
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2006-07-18 20:54, Daegs wrote:
I am personally very weary of all the people proposing solar/thermal/wind energy.

Same thing with solar energy... while I realize right now its so minute it wont make much of a difference, but what happens when 5%-10% of the earth is covered in solar plates, what about the ground underneath that doesn't get as warm and therefore soil/bacteria/whatever else changes in ways we cant even think of.

I find it hard to take your post seriously. For example, up above, where did you pull the numbers 5%-10% from?

In any case, there is a perfect and obvious place to put solar panels without upsetting the ground beneath (as though that were really a concern). Where? On top of the roofs of buildings, in any urban center. Also, transparent solar panels / solar panel films exist that can be used in place of windows, or installed over top of them. If these panels / films are not perfect today then, with time, I'm sure these solar panels will be improved (for design, functionalty, efficiency, etc.), like everything else.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Well then don't take it seriously...

the 5%-10% number were just a completely fabricated number of what might occur in the next couple hundred years as technology becomes cheaper to deploy.

I'm not just talking about the soil or specific area's... I'm saying that on a whole we all live on tectonic plates which are much larger than local area and that OVER TIME a reduction of solar energy could impact more than a single localized area.

I'm not saying these are facts or current legitimate worries, however I feel that these issues are currently ignored by all the people saying we should be using 100% solar/wind/thermal energy...

Comparatively you have to agree that this is a much less crazy worry than claiming there is free energy or anti-grav or whatever else some others are claiming.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27115 Posts

Anyone care to post the insolation energy in watts per square foot?
Also, what is the efficiency of solar cells these days?
And what is the cost to manufacture them?
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
If you are interested in more efficient motors, energy etc., you should read about the Minato motor:

http://www.rexresearch.com/minato/minato.htm
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Not really much technical information though...

I read it and basically all I got was "Its using magnets".

Everything else is so vague it could mean about anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Free Energy (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL