The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Viking's "Transmental" (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
Glad to hear you like Gemsation because I just ordered one myself! Like I said, I've got a cheap version that's served me well but I'm looking forward to the classier appearance of the Viking model.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
Just got my Gemsation and had to send it back for an exchange. I was surprised because usually Viking is top-quality. It looked as if there was a machining problem when the threads were grooved into the brass tube; there was a spiral score around the tube that was completely visible when the cap was screwed all the way on. I've done this trick long enough to know you don't want anything calling attention to the top of the tube so I sent it back. Hopefully the next one will be better. I must say, I was a little disappointed in the gimmick. Without giving anything away, there has got to be a better way to 'decorate' the tube to camouflage the important markings. Dimples seem a little too barbaric, but that's just my humble opinion.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
LegendaryEgos
View Profile
Elite user
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
471 Posts

Profile of LegendaryEgos
Mystic Chips

If you want a quality trick that plays just like Transmental but is cheaper and just as well made you should check out Mystic Chips. I performed this trick a lot and the first couple times I didn't think it would get as great of a reaction as it did. People love it. I know always include this little gem. You can repeat it 20x's in front of them and they will have no clue how you did it. Just the other day my brother was looking over every inch of the canister and couldn't find anything. This is a very well made and nice looking trick. It is also made of Brass and has excellent workmanship.

Here is a link if your interested. You can also watch the demo.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=738
canasta
View Profile
New user
From the ALPHA STATE
56 Posts

Profile of canasta
Once I find out the identitity of the color rod, I "read" which ones they have in their pockets (have hidden). That places more emphasis on THEM and less on the actual gimmick.
CAUTION: This Avatar and post MAY contain subliminal messages. Viewer discretion is advised.......
Joe Strantz
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Joe Strantz
Thanks Guys. I was considering buying one of Viking's Transmental's from SME, and after reviewing your posts, I've decided to get one. Thanks again.
Joe Strantz
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Joe Strantz
Thanks gobrownstd54 for the recommendation and link for "Mystic Chips". This looks like a good one for me, and I ordered one. Thanks again.
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Capricorn tales by Christian Cheman has a good routine that takes this little device from a trick to a psychic demonstration.

-Max
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
1964 Posts

Profile of NeilS
How sharp eyesight do you need for this?

Thanks to anyone who can advise or send me a PM.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2313 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2006, LegendaryEgos wrote:
Mystic Chips

If you want a quality trick that plays just like Transmental but is cheaper and just as well made you should check out Mystic Chips. I performed this trick a lot and the first couple times I didn't think it would get as great of a reaction as it did. People love it. I know always include this little gem. You can repeat it 20x's in front of them and they will have no clue how you did it. Just the other day my brother was looking over every inch of the canister and couldn't find anything. This is a very well made and nice looking trick. It is also made of Brass and has excellent workmanship.

Here is a link if your interested. You can also watch the demo.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=738

Can you let the spectators examine Mystic Chips without fear of detection?
art85y
View Profile
Veteran user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
340 Posts

Profile of art85y
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2017, NeilS wrote:
How sharp eyesight do you need for this?

Thanks to anyone who can advise or send me a PM.

hi Neils, did you ever get an answer to this enquiry?
cheers
Art
Use the FORCE Luke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Viking's "Transmental" (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL