The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » New to me, Magnetic paint (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Witness4him
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Witness4him
Hi there,
I was in a craft store and found a product called magnetic paint. I'm not sure what regular uses it has, but it had me thinking about magnitizing things not normally thought of as magnetic. I know it is probably not strong, but I wonder if anyone has heard of this being used for anything in the magic proffesion?

Pete
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Sorry, not heard of it.
My mind's busy with applications.
Do you have a brand name as I've seen nothing in the UK (not that I was conciously looking)

Cheers,
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
Krylon makes Magnetic spray paint:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=3

Apparently not all these paints are actually magnetic, but provide enough metallic contents for magnets to cling to:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=2

As for applications, I don't have any ideas...

Michael
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Thanks for brand names and links Molsen

:cheers: Mike
Witness4him
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Witness4him
That was the brand I saw. Thanks also for the message board link. I am surprised more people have not played with this. I'll post back if I have any ideas.
Peter
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
It's a paint infussed with iron filings. The stuff I've seen has to be put on rather thickly and the end result is really gloppy looking.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
If the paint doesn't look good then I'm thinking along the lines of using it to fill objects. Maybe this would get it into places where standard shimmimg material would be hard to place.

Best, Mike
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
I've used it a few times. The key to avoiding the thick gloppy look is to apply it in thin multiple coats, letting it fully dry between coats. I've used it to great success in Healed and Sealed in conjunction with my pk ring.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Jaypoc
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jaypoc
Quote:
On 2006-07-20 13:06, CasualSoul wrote:
I've used it a few times. The key to avoiding the thick gloppy look is to apply it in thin multiple coats, letting it fully dry between coats. I've used it to great success in Healed and Sealed in conjunction with my pk ring.

How would it assist in healed and sealed? Isn't the paint just metallic paint that magnets would adhere to? Magnets can stick to a soda can, can't they? or am I confusing healed and sealed with another effect (The visual restoration of the can)
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
No, magnets can't stick to aluminum cans; and yes, you are thinking of the right effect.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
One of my nieces has this stuff on one of her walls. She basically just puts refrigerator magnet type things on it.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » New to me, Magnetic paint (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL