The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Hundy 500 routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
afillius
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of afillius
Do most of you do the recommended routine for Hundy 500? I tried changing the routine to fit my style a bit more but it doesn't play very well. People seem to easily figure it out. I think I am gonna try the original routine.
www.stsgroupinc.com
pro audio/video/lighting

Great magic is about creating great images - Jay Sankey
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Kaps' version of Pat Page's Easy Money still beats them all.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Have you seen the Dan White routine for Hundy 500?
Bob
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I have had no trouble. It was marketed the way it is for a reason. It works.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:
On 2006-07-22 19:37, Wellington wrote:
Have you seen the Dan White routine for Hundy 500?
Bob

This one is Handy 500 no? Afillius, I don't see why you'd want to change the routine it's strong enough already. I can maybe see the patter being different.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
afillius
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of afillius
I'm gonna perform it as it is on the DVD. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
www.stsgroupinc.com
pro audio/video/lighting

Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Dan White,s version is better.
Bob
kvanliewpe
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of kvanliewpe
Here's an idea that you may like.
I ask if they would like to see an effect that took 30 yrs to learn which is highly confidential. I tell a story about a fourth grade field trip to the US Mint where they make money. During the trip I found that they use the same paper to make $1 dollar bills as they use for $100 bills. I figured after performing magic for 30 yrs how to add zeros to the bills. It goes over real well. I use the same handling as shown in DVD.
Have fun.
Ken
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
The problem youre having (assuming its not technique) might be the same problem I had when first performing Hundy. If you watch Greg perform Hundy then watch really close. He tells them to look at the corners of the bill and does the change but that is NOT the climax. The climax of Hundy is when the other bills change. A lot of people make the first change the climax and when they show the other bills have changed, it is more anti-climatic. Loook at Greg Wilson's performance and notice that he does the first change and then pauses. After the pause he then shows the other bills have changed which makes it the climax.
Darrell Trammell
View Profile
New user
Chicago Illinois
92 Posts

Profile of Darrell Trammell
BBMagic,
That was very insightful! I can see how this could make a huge difference.
Thanks!
afillius
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of afillius
This weekend I performed Hundy 500 using the same presentation and handling as the video and I got great reactions. I did it for my dad and a coworker of his from Arizona. We were taking a cruise and when his coworker came into our cabin to get us for dinner he asked if we had any cash for the dueling pianos. I opened my wallet and said "I have $500, is that enough?" and I counted out my 5 $1 bills. Then I finished the effect like in the video. He reached out to grab the money and of course got 3 $100 bills, he couldn't believe that they were real.

Apparently the entire drive home he kept repeating to my dad. "Man, your son really messed with my head. I can't figure out how he could have done that money thing."

Thanks for all the advice.
www.stsgroupinc.com
pro audio/video/lighting

SeoMagi
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of SeoMagi
I like the way Gregory Wilson plays this. You might want to consider leading into it with a smaller effect. For example, ask the spectator for a dollar and change it into a twenty via your favorite bill switch (I like Jay Noblezada's $2 Window for this), then ask if they'd like to see this illusion with several bills at the same time.
SeoMagi
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of SeoMagi
P.S. Another thing I like to do with Hundy 500 is lead into it with a bill transposition like U.F. Grant's (changing a single into a twenty). Then do Hundy 500, and finally close it out by telling them that you'll demonstrate how these changes and transpositions happen as clearly as possible. Perform Daniel Garcia's Greed as a closer.
tjmagic
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
32 Posts

Profile of tjmagic
Quote:
On 2006-07-17 20:54, Pete Biro wrote:
Kaps' version of Pat Page's Easy Money still beats them all.

Pete,

Where does one find Kaps version or Patrick Page's original version? Seems to me I saw Patrick Page perform it on a video somewhere.

Thanks.
Tim Mannix
<BR>www.funamazingmagic.com
<BR>
<BR>"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." -- Lazarus Long
Darrell Trammell
View Profile
New user
Chicago Illinois
92 Posts

Profile of Darrell Trammell
Pat Pages manuscript "Easy money" can be purchased at Magic Inc. in Chicago for $10.00. This effect was invented by Pat Page and was improved my Fred Kaps. This manuscript describes the Fred Kaps handling.
David Tower
View Profile
Regular user
David Tower
124 Posts

Profile of David Tower
I have always leaned toward going beyond what the spectator expects. In other words I quite often downplay things. The way I do Hundy 500 almost always knocks people for a loop. I usually start off by making a joke about how I have $500 and pretend like I am trying to convince them that the five $1’s are five $100 bills. This is all done tongue in cheek using different techniques like pretending to hypnotize them or something. I then let them select one of the bills, which I tell them I will change into a $100 bill. I put the bill inside and ask them to remember that their selected bill was the one on the inside of the folds. Then using Wilson’s technique they all change into $100 bills and I act embarrassed as though something went terribly wrong. I ask for forgiveness at my incompetence while the whole time they are tripping on their jaws which are now on the floor.

By the way I have also started incorporated a business card within the folds that supposedly causes the magic. This gives me a reason to give them my business card so they can go home a practice.

David Tower
David Tower
kvanliewpe
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of kvanliewpe
Effect
Hundy 500 - Magician changes five $1 dollar bills into five $100 bills.
Script
“Have you ever gone on a class trip?
When I was in 4th grade we went to Philadelphia. We visited the Liberty Bell and the US mint. That’s where they make money. I found out that they use the same paper to make $1 dollar bills as they use to make 5’s, 10’s and $100 dollar bills. Here feel the paper. It’s the same.
Having this knowledge about the paper combined with doing magic for 30 years, I financially figured it out. The problem is that it only works with my money. Use magic to add zeros to the ones and you’ll have $100’s. Sounds easy but it took me thirty years to figure this out and it’s highly confidential.
I’ll do it very slow because when you get home tonight you’re going to say that I did to fast, Watch the corners of the bills. It will happen in a split second. BAM! I did it again.
And that’s not a bad return!
Have fun with this!
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Quote:
On 2006-09-20 01:38, SeoMagi wrote:
ask if they'd like to see this illusion with several bills at the same time.

I'm not sure I'd reveal the ending before I started the effect, but if it works for you...
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
I saw Criss Angel do this on Mindfreak last night. He did the basic Hundy 500 handling with something a little different. After the change, as he was counting out the hundreds, on the fourth bill counted he grabbed the gimmick, leaving behind a regular hundred as the fifth and last bill which he could show cleanly on both sides.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I have changed my handling of Hundy just a bit from Greg's. Now instead of his change, I use the one from 3D cash, so I can use that corny old joke "The fastest way to double your money is to fold it in half"
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Hundy 500 routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL