The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Brick and Mortar vs. Online (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jason Fleming
View Profile
Veteran user
Marooned, Hawaii
374 Posts

Profile of Jason Fleming
I try to stop in to the Brick and Mortar shops in the cities I travel to. Buying that book that I had my eye on from an actual store that I spent an hour in does three nice things for me.

1. I get the exact thing I wanted because I can hold it in my hot little hands first.
2. I support the dying breed of actual magic shops.
3. I get a fond memory that goes along with that purchase and becomes attached to the item that I take home.

It's all worth a couple of bucks to me.
housermagic
View Profile
New user
In the mountains
71 Posts

Profile of housermagic
I prefer the B&M shops to shopping online. However, if the B&M shop is NOT local and has an online shop(there is a local B&M shop BTW)I would order something from the website without concern.
Bill
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
Some of us are in the middle of nowhere, we have no choice, so we buy on line.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
MagicMelvin, there is a magic shop in Elyria called "Yellow Barrel of Magic". They would be a lot closer to you then Illusions in Willoughby/Eastlake or Mr. Fun in Brooklyn.
- C
Angio333
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of Angio333
I would always give my money to a B&M over an online store if they have what I'm looking for. You may pay a little extra, but you are paying for persoanal attention, a little instruction, and the networking. I also like to keep the money local.

I feel that buying an item online after wasting a B&M's time showing you a product demo, or discussing it with you is not the right thing to do.
- C
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Brick and Mortar vs. Online (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL