The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Criss Angel to speak at Cannon's Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Hi everybody,

So I just saw on the Cannon's site that Criss will be a special guest at the convention. Truthfully I amn not sure how I feel about this as I see Criss as an illusionist and not an escapist. Still, I suppose he could share with us how to produce your own TV show on cable. I am sure many of us would love to have that opportunity.

How does everyone else feel about it?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I think this would be a great idea. Just because someone is not an escapist does not mean they may not have a wealth of information that could be useful...marketing, publicity, performance style, etc. If we just limited ourselves to information available "just within the escape community", I think we would be missing out on a lot of great information out there.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
Criss angel's conference "Hysterical Stooges and camera editing techniques"
GreatWizardoftheEast
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
124 Posts

Profile of GreatWizardoftheEast
Xargos,
Your comment would be very funny if it wasn't so full of truth. The over abundance of stooges and camera editing techniques is going to be his undoing I fear.
Harold White
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I am not too impressed with the idea. ANy Stuff that would have to do with Escapes would probably be all Steve Bakers advice, Help and tips. I personally would rather have steve comment on them and not Chris Angel. No offense to the guy, he is a GREAT illusionist, but I would prefer to see him talk at a Magic convention and not an Escape Convention. Jut does not seem to fit, IMHO. I do agree with the above statement of magic not being an Escape too, but then keep the theme of the show more Escape. Not the other way around. I suppose I would have to here what he says at the convension to be able to give an accurate judgement.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I think its great!
Think of it as one prominent and very public artist supporting other artists. It's all good I think.

Plus I hear he is crawling through tunnels to get there and then emerging from a manhole Smile
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I recently attended a motivational seminar for my day job. None of the speakers had anything to do with my field of employment. However, I gained a lot of useful knowledge from them. Did I discount what they had to say becaue they didn't know about construction? No, I listened to what they had to say, and gained valuable knowledge that could be applied to my work. In fact, it gave me the idea of opening up my own locksmithing business in the near future, and it gave me knowledge in how to go about doing so in a way that has the potential to be successful with less risk. Don't discount what someone may have to say just because you don't think it applies to what you do.

Margarette
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
What about if you think the guy is a total fraud ?
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
If you think the guy is a total fraud, then there is nothing that says you HAVE to listen to him. It is Mark and Sheila's convention, and I am trusting their judgement in doing what they think is best for the convention.

Margarette
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Well said Margarette
Magic is like Science,
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
I totally agree with you too.
mark2004
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
215 Posts

Profile of mark2004
Quote:
On 2006-07-20 10:59, Margarette wrote:
If we just limited ourselves to information available "just within the escape community", I think we would be missing out on a lot of great information out there.

Margarette

Well put Margarette. Good to see someone keeping an open mind and speaking up for common sense. Innovations in any field, whether entertainment or science or whatever, so often seems to come from those who bother to learn from outside their own field.

In any case I've never accepted the assertion that some folks make that escape acts and magic are completely different fields. It's obvious to me that they're at the very least closely related and frankly a great deal of escapology fits under both headings.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Very good point Margarette. I think that is why, while I was typing, I thought about it and decided that I suppose we would have to hear him out first. I most certainly cannot cast the first stone. I will wait in anticipation to what those who go to the convention have to say as I will, UNFORTUNATELY, not be there.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Awww Wolfie, Not coming... I really was hoping to meet you at last.
Magic is like Science,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Criss Angel to speak at Cannon's Convention (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL