The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Great give aways for street shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Actually Stigmata (if done to the teen crowd) will get people to get out their camera phones. While you're not exactly giving anything to them, it's something they will have with nevertheless.
Magicnevets
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
56 Posts

Profile of Magicnevets
What about getting poker chips personalised with your contact details and use these instead of coins. Then give them away at the end. People will keep them because they look too valuable to throw away.
I don't perform illusions... it just looks like I do!
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

I've looked into poker chips, too expensive unless you're making good hats or are being well paid for your efforts.

A cheapter alternative would be wooden nickles. I don't have the info in front of me, but I believe you can get 1,000 for less than $100.

Just my $.02 (USD) worth. YMMV.

Joe in KC
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
But people won't want to take them!

Remember? "Don't take any Wooden Nickles!" Smile
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I believe it was daryl who suggested getting a stamp with your information & stamping the backs of cards. You could use these for predictions or have the info "appear" on the spectators card.
Astrid
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
63 Posts

Profile of Astrid
Several magicians in my area have had "superhero trading cards" with their pictures and "magical powers" made rather than business cards. When you give them to kids they're much more likely to hang onto them/talk about them/show them off than a business card....which most of the time kids don't really care much about. Another idea is that if you do a cups and balls routine using bouncy balls, and giving them out at the end of your routine....there will be balls bouncing all over the area in which you perform because the kids can't possibly resist doing that...which will draw attention to your performance! Best of luck!
bluemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of bluemagic
Think about a coloring book or on one paper that you can have copy at a local store.you can put any information that you want on it.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I know a guy that uses some little finger puppet ... he does a few thumbil moves with him, and gives one to the kids. He works a resturant gig, and this gives the manager something to see - kids playing with the finger puppet means the magician is doing his job.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
sleightofand
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
188 Posts

Profile of sleightofand
A bend coin is a great giveaway, but how about mindbender from ellusionist but with your business card rather than a playing card??
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
Stamp some napkins and make a napkin rose with a flourish - quick and cheap - if girl with a man give to man to hand to women, or child to pass to mum...
catch you later

Clarioneer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Great give aways for street shows (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL