The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » the unexpected » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Banachek, It’s great to have you doing this “special” and I’m sure I speak for all the others when I say: thanks for taking the time to do something for which there can be little to gain for you. For my own part, some of the best reactions I’ve had are when I’ve performed effects that you dreamed up. Thanks for that.

Anyway, to the question. One of the things I just LOVE, is when I’m doing an effect and for some reason, it works far better than I could have imagined. You know what I mean, something unforseen happens, and it really exaggerates the effect. For example, I was doing my wall clock stop at a trade show once, and just as the clock hand stopped, all the lights on the stands around the one I was working at went out. The reaction from the group who had gathered to watch was incredible. They all thought it was part of the same energy/force/sleight of hand. It’s something I plan to put into the effect for future use... somehow.

Having performed so often, you must have had unforeseen and unexpected moments like that., moments that were truly magical. Would you mind sharing a couple with us?

Best wishes,

Drew McAdam
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1079 Posts

Profile of Banachek
This is true, but there have been so many. Like the time I was on an escalator and someone said it would be "cool if you could stop it" And sure enough it did stop right after I said, I probably could do it if the time was right" it stopped and I said, "the time was right"

Or the time I told someone that every time I go down a street one of the lights will go out (this is true) they pointed at a light and said, can you make that light go out (you guessed it, it went out.) The very light they pointed at.

Coincidences happen like this all the time. In fact if often makes me wonder about PSI since so many coincidences happen to me. I always hear a word and see it at the same time. Such as on the radio and on a billboard. And I am talking about unusual things.

I saw four 666's on cars in a span of an hour while in England with Spyros. Wierd huh? But it is these kind of coincidences that enable me to cause a callers car to start while on a radio program. Smile
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
Gryphon
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Gryphon
What do you mean "every time I go down the street, one of the lights goes off(this is true)"?
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1079 Posts

Profile of Banachek
Well, it is true. But I suspect that if you go down any long freeway or road (at least here in the US) lights will go off and come back on. Streelights that is. And they will often do it in the proximity of your car. I am sure there is some logical reason but not sure what.

This is kind of close to giving secrets away so not sure if this will stay here or not Smile
Banachek
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4399 Posts

Profile of Paul
re;
I saw four 666's on cars in a span of an hour while in England with Spyros. Wierd huh? But it is these kind of coincidences that enable me to cause a callers car to start while on a radio program. Smile

Hmmm, you sure that wasn't telling you something about Spyros?

But I know what you mean about weird coincidences. Every time I climb in my car, something goes wrong with it. Smile

Paul.
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1079 Posts

Profile of Banachek
yeah, I think my car is psychic, everytime I get extra money it knows and wants something new done to it. - Steve Epstein 'Commedian'
Banachek
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » the unexpected » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL