The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » How Does the Tong Egg Bag compare to Lynetta Welch's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
506 Posts

Profile of JJP161
I realize that there have been a number of very similiar threads but was unable to find one that specifically addressed these questions. How does the Danny Tong Egg Bag compare to the one from Fabric Manipulation made by Lynetta Welch? I noticed the Danny Tong Bag is one of the egg bags recommended by Ron Bauer for his Siamese Goose Egg Bag Routine. The two routines I am looking at are the Ron Bauer and the Johnny Thompson Routine. How does the egg bag play for children? Thank-you,

Joe
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Joe:

We can't discuss the details of these props without exposing how they work, can we? This is an open forum. So we really can't discuss that here.

As far as how does the egg bag play for children? That depends on how well you entertain children. If you aren't a children's entertainer, you won't get much out of anything for children. But if you know how to entertain children you could do 25 minutes with a broomstick, a piece of rope and a mop.

Don't ask me how. I'm not a children's entertainer any more.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
506 Posts

Profile of JJP161
Hi Bill,

As always it's certainly a pleasure to have your insights. I guess maybe I worded things wrong, what I'm looking for is a comparison in the quality and the ability to use the bags in the specific routines mentioned. The Thompson routine is my favorite and I realize he uses the Lynetta Welch bag I just wan't sure if the size of the gimmick in Tong Bag would work for that specific routine. I'm also interested in the Egg Bag by Frank Starsini and have heard good things about it as well.

Along the lines of using the egg bag for a children's routine I was looking for a recommendation of a routine that would be appropriate and enjoyable to children from 5 - 10 years old given that I am able to entertain children in the first place. Thank-you again,

Joe
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I perform the egg bag routine walk-around all the time and it's one I use for kids often. Especially when they reach in and produce the egg at the end. So often, they think the egg isn't real, just because it's blown.

Hey Bill, who tipped you to my broom, mop and rope routine I use at trade shows?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22355 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Tong's Malini egg bag is very well made. Nice material, not silk like Welch's but very well sewn. I am looking at one wright now! It will do the job and from seeing both bags, Tong's may be a tad longer then Welch's bag.

I personally like the Tong bag over Welch's because the material is heavier. Just my own personal preference.

You can order the Tong at http://www.stoners.com, I do not believe it is on the site but you can email them or call them toll free.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Lynetta will make a bag to any size you wish. I found that some of her bags were a tad small for workers with large hands, and when I talked to her she said anyone with big hands can get one from her to fit. You need to be able to spread your hand out INSIDE the bag, fingers apart. One reason is that you need a bag opening large enough so when you hold it with your two hands and ask a man to reach inside and pull it inside out, he can easily get his hand in to do this. That is one of the KEY moves in the Ken Brooke instructions and Tomsoni's routine as well.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Gene Anderson told me that he has tried a Danny Tong Bag, but preferred using an egg bag from Lynetta (he said that he thought the black was more deceptive), along with the Ken Brooke (Charlie Miller) routine.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2006-07-25 09:07, pepka wrote:
I perform the egg bag routine walk-around all the time and it's one I use for kids often. Especially when they reach in and produce the egg at the end. So often, they think the egg isn't real, just because it's blown.

Hey Bill, who tipped you to my broom, mop and rope routine I use at trade shows?

Great minds think alike!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5723 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2006-07-25 17:46, Marvello wrote:
Gene Anderson told me that he has tried a Danny Tong Bag, but preferred using an egg bag from Lynetta (he said that he thought the black was more deceptive), along with the Ken Brooke (Charlie Miller) routine.

The Tong Malini Bags are black. Pauline Tong makes both Malini and Tarbell styles of bags.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24243 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Bob White's mother made some of the nicest Malinin bags I have ever seen.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-07-26 17:04, Alan Munro wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-07-25 17:46, Marvello wrote:

The Tong Malini Bags are black. Pauline Tong makes both Malini and Tarbell styles of bags.

I was referring to the Malini egg bags. I meant to say Gene prefers Lynetta's black egg bags over the burgundy ones from her because he felt they were more deceptive.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
506 Posts

Profile of JJP161
Thank-you everyone for all the great ideas and input, it's been really helpful and I'm very appreciative. I know that I love the Thompson Routine but I keep hearing a lot about the Ken Brooke routine. Which I am not at all familiar with. I'm sure it must be an excellent routine but I'm curious as to what makes it stand out so much? I did see a book of Ken Brooke routines at Haines House of Cards in Cincinnati which now I wish I would have picked up when I had the chance. It looked like it had a number of great routines, some seemed to refer to items that are no longer available or might be hard to come by.

Joe
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5367 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
You can see a slip of danny doing his egg bag by clicking on the banner here or go to
http://www.kozmomagic.com
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Special user
Living in Perth Western Australia
992 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Hey Ted,

Is there anyway to put a faster download speed on your site? 64k download speed on my puter down here in Aussie land. I have a 1.5mb connection, so it's not my end I think.

Just a suggestion as the Tong sample is over 14 MB which is pretty big.

all the best
Al Kazam --> Magic guy in Perth Australia
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I like the finish of the egg bag... one minor thing and so many do it... calling a mixed group "GUYS"... there are many more ways to greet a mixed group, maybe just simply saying "Hello EVERYONE."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
506 Posts

Profile of JJP161
Quote:
On 2006-07-27 09:12, tedb wrote:
You can see a slip of danny doing his egg bag by clicking on the banner here or go to
http://www.kozmomagic.com

Thank-you for the link I really enjoyed the routine.

Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » How Does the Tong Egg Bag compare to Lynetta Welch's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL