The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » David Stone's Tablehopping DVD...? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Louis.P.M
View Profile
Loyal user
Montreal, Canada
214 Posts

Profile of Louis.P.M
I really like the work of David Stone (Who doesn't?).

This DVD has been tickling my curiosity for a long time now. Would you say the manipulation routines with coins and cigs are a good introduction in this type of magic?
Also, I'm a big fan of magic gags or quick effects...so Flash Deck is really telling me to buy this DVD.
What do you say?
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2318 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Yeah, they are great! A bit to tackle if you are beginning to work on that stuff, I would check out Bill Tarr's book "Now You See It, Now you Don't." It has some exellent cigarette, card, coin, and ball manipulations in there. And it is easy to follow with great drawings.

But if you get the DVD, you will have fun with those routines. It would not take much to learn them. They are quite easy to grasp.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Brian I couldn't take it anymore, I ordered both this and Coinone. Cant wait to get them. I cant believe I was in the dark with coinone for so long.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2318 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Hey!
Let us know your opinions when you get your DVDs! Congrats on getting the good stuff! Smile
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
There is extra material on the DVD aswell I was goin throught the xplanations and walked away came back and he was performing a version of RESEt if anyone knows how I did this please tell me because once I rewound it was gone!
Astonishment as Therapy...?
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
I just emailed David to see what I have unlocked. Will inform all when I get a reply.
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Ok david has replied to my email this is his explanation.
Dear Paul

thanks for your message. I am off the web because on the road tour.

nevermind about this "Reset" explanation, this is a trick that is in the second DVD. For complicated reasons, we couldn't erase it of the fist DVD explanation files.

you will see it in the vol.2.

regards

dav
Magicray80
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
69 Posts

Profile of Magicray80
Hold on I just saw this Trailer and it killed me. I need to get my hands on it. But hey if he is touring right now can you still order from him? Does anyone else have it?
"And What Not!!!" paisa23 you know what i mean.
Mike Doogan
View Profile
New user
US (living in UK)
64 Posts

Profile of Mike Doogan
David and I were goofing around about the time of editing and I suggested he flip the film of him doing his close-up card manips so that it appeared he was doing them left handed.

I don't know if he followed through with this. Does anyone who owns the DVD know whether he actually reversed the film at this point?

Let me know. I'd love to know if he followed through on our crazy plan.
Mike Doogan
View Profile
New user
US (living in UK)
64 Posts

Profile of Mike Doogan
Thanks for the PM Bob. Seems he did reverse the film. I'll have to track down a copy. For those who already own a copy check out the section I mentioned and see if it's true!
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
478 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
It's a great video!
visual magic and great editting
Nice job!
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1130 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
For those who are interested, I just posted a brand new video review of David's Real Secrets of Magic Vol. 1 DVD at the following link: http://calebwiles.blogspot.com/2010/08/m......dvd.html

Caleb
http://www.CalebWiles.blogspot.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » David Stone's Tablehopping DVD...? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL