We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » New linking rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of soleil
Hello everybody! I am looking for some information about new and original forms of the linking rings. Somewhere I've seen a linking hearts routine for the stage. Can you please suggest some sources or who an when performed some original linking "things" routine; thank you.
Best regards, Alex
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22519 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is a set of linking Coat Hangers by Mike Caveney.
Linking barbed wire rings at Stevens Magic.

I have found these only unique to magicians, as the original is always superior entertainment with a proper routine.

Mr. Electric has a set of geometric shapes for one of his acts. These are not available for sale, as he has his props specially made for his acts.

Why do you want different shaped LRs?
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Piet Forton used to perform with tambourines instead of the normal rings - then again everything of his was musical!
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
Eduardo
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Eduardo
Topper Martyn has a funny routine where linking rings occasionally linked with his suspenders. Very funny routine...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Mark Kaylan did it with pool racks.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Hula hoops, coat hangars, chair backs, pool ball racks, barbed wire, heart shaped rings (I think these were custom made for Marc DeSouza, I have a set shaped like stars, Porper makes a set you balance on on the other and can spin it, also a multiplying ring set and Voitko's rings float.

And my favorite, the Magic Plumber's link TOILET SEATS.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
soleil
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of soleil
Thank you every body!
I am looking for some original form for my new show. It has to be original. I know that with different shaped rings your routine is limited but I need some original thinking.
I had an idea about different color rings. How thick the rings must be to be seen ( if they have different colors) from a big stage?
"Art is the Artist. The Artist is God."- Goete
carbone1853
View Profile
Loyal user
RI USA
240 Posts

Profile of carbone1853
Can’t resist….. Linking Ropes
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Use bicycle rims... or for really originality, borrow jackets from members of the audience and tie their sleeves together and link them.

Or put handcuffs on people and link their arms.

Bring out several doors off cars (without windows) and link those.

Link large bagels.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
As far as I know, one of the first person's to do the linking hearts was Marc DeSouza. marc is a dear friend of mine and he has a wonderful routine with them. they really made for his act and it is a thing of beauty for sure.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2152 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Saw one fella do a coporate presentation for Gates Automotive, he did linking Fan Belts. Looked a lot better than it sounds.

jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Jake, that reminded me of a trade show I did for Crazy Glue (when nobody had heard of it yet).... I took lengths of rubber and glued them together with the crazy glue and did a sort of linking ring routine with them.

And at a Goodyear test site, where they were mounting tires to be tested on new mag wheels, they had plastic rings on the wheel rims for protection during shipping... there was a stack of these discarded laying on the ground. So one of the Goodyear corporate guys comes by (I was there on a photo assignment) and (having seen me do the linking rings at a hospitality room for them some month before) said... "If you're so good LINK SOME OF THOSE."

I told him, come back later I am busy with a photo setup. As soon as he left I got a few of them and gaffed a chain of three (with tape that matched the color perfectly) and made a key and put them back on the ground.

A bit later the guy came back, I did a short routine and blew his brains... and I HAD A FELLOW PHOTOG GET SOME PICTURES OF THIS TOO....

Isn't magic wonderful?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2735 Posts

Profile of John Long
You are sneaky Pete.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I'd rather be "sneaky" than "skilled"
Mark R. Williams
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Mark R. Williams
That is a GREAT story pete!!

M
"One more step on the pathway of Knowledge, that is if we don't break our leg crossing the street"
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6750 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Anyone remember Linking Lifesavers? Or did that happen aboard the U.S.S. Eldridge?

LOL

Doug
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Bicycle wheels were done by Paul Daniels, and I believe with Norm Neilson or Richard Ross on one of his TV shows.

Soleil... sounds like you might be doing something spacey from your name. Perhaps UV rings? Or Glow in the dark? You could get really arty if you used some black art...

Paul
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Pete,
that's the kinda story you live for. Thanks.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Yah, I live for stories!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » New linking rings (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL