The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Paul Harris Trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Hey all, what was the name of the trick where Paul drew a pair of sunglasses on the president on a dollar bill then moved them up onto the forehead? I can't remember was it Nightshades? I believe it's in AOA but I forget and don't have mine handy...I moved recently and they're at my parent's place.
Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
It was called improv nightshades and was in AOA volume 1 page 31.
Dr Marvin
View Profile
New user
Florida
91 Posts

Profile of Dr Marvin
Paul also has it on the old Art of Astonishment tape.

July 27, 2006
Dr Marvin
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
There was also a marketed version. Just so you know.
andrewte
View Profile
New user
Sunny Singapore
61 Posts

Profile of andrewte
Check out the version that Cyril Takayama did on his new specials,
the shade appeared on the watermark portrait... not sure how he did that..
Do a search on youtube for the clip, I can't post the link here.

Andy
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5358 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2006-07-31 03:40, andrewte wrote:

This is a great version! It is available on the DVD "Super Street Magic, Season 2"
(Coincidentally, I just referred to this a couple of days ago in a post to another thread here). After flipping the shades up he lets the spectator check out the bill, then he moves them back down. Then he wipes the shades off and onto a napkin, and THEN the napkin bursts into a flash of flame, leaving Cyril holding a pair of sunglasses, which he puts on as he turns and walks away. This, to me, exemplifies some of the nature of his creativity as he takes what are often thought to be "throw-away" effects and turns them into full, workable routines.
Noel D
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Noel D
Quote:
On 2006-07-31 15:16, Magiguy wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-07-31 03:40, andrewte wrote:

This is a great version! It is available on the DVD "Super Street Magic, Season 2"
(Coincidentally, I just referred to this a couple of days ago in a post to another thread here). After flipping the shades up he lets the spectator check out the bill, then he moves them back down. Then he wipes the shades off and onto a napkin, and THEN the napkin bursts into a flash of flame, leaving Cyril holding a pair of sunglasses, which he puts on as he turns and walks away. This, to me, exemplifies some of the nature of his creativity as he takes what are often thought to be "throw-away" effects and turns them into full, workable routines.

I wouldn't consider nightshades a throw away effect at all! And seeing at to how this DVD is called "super street magic", I'm assuming it's a joke I didn't quite get.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Actually it's not a joke. Cyril did his version of this on that same dvd over in Japan. Fabulous effect!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I think Cyril's Super Street Magic DVD is very hard to find here in the U.S. Anyone knows or has a link to order this DVD by Cyril? Is the DVD in English?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5358 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hi evolve,
Here you go... (sorry, Japanese only, but once you watch it I don't think you'll care [except for the interviews in the special features sections Smile ])...

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/co......3749164/

Keep in mind that these are Region 2 discs. If you have the right software on your computer you can copy to a new region code. One tip to share, you can also buy an inexpensive external DVD drive and change the region code so that you can watch all the region 2 (or 3, or whatever) discs you want without risking the code on your computer (which you can only be changed so many times). You can also just buy a region free dvd player.

Best of luck!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Thanks so much for the info, Magiguy! Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Paul Harris Trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL