The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » Deja vu » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
If you were to start out right now, having a decent stage-show, but from scratch without any recognition (neither among the general public nor among fellow mentalists), BUT with all the experience you have now, what would you do? Would you aim for the markets you're in right now? And how would you "break in there"? Agents? Working for free? Another Alpah project? ... ?

Thanks!

/Matias
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1079 Posts

Profile of Banachek
I think I would try to find out as much as I could about putting a theater show together and getting people to invest in it. This is something I have always wanted to do and just never did.

The problem is not having a show. But the knowledge to promote such a show. If I was to do it all over, I would have taken as many courses in marketing, promotion and business as I possibly good. Sadly, I was never able to afford college. Having been abandoned as a child I pretty much raised myself (along with raising my two younger siblings in South Africa)

While in High school I had three jobs. One was a security job at night, that was where I got my sleep in between each hour when I had to make a run around the time clocks.

Point is. I think a good basic eduation of the buisiness side of our business is truly essential. If not only to make sure others are not taking advantage of your success Smile

The only show I ever did for free (other than charity events) was my very first show.

One thing I did do on a consistent basis was to make the rounds of agents, do a few things for them. That way they would book me and from there word of mouth did the rest. Pretty much the same way I work it now.

HOpe I answered your question?
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » Deja vu » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL