We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Fraud...? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Hey Brad and Alex, stay off this thread so it doesn't get deleted, thanks!
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
Does anyone know where to purchase the "stuff" that comes with the DVD? I have checked some stores in my area that I thought for sure would have it, but they don't. I found plenty of similar items, but not exactly the same. Just wondering if anyone else looked.
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Hey Redsixer, PM'ed you.
Tempesta
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
398 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Thank you guys for the positive reviews and comments, they are much appreciated.

Remember, if anyone experiences any problems with the dvd, feel free to contact our eSupport on the site. We'll do our best to get you ready and rolling.

Thanks!

||Sean Beard ||
//Sean Beard
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I have a number of the "stuff" lying around in the house already. What I don't' have are the s*********. It'd be nice if they are also included. But hey, it's a chance for me to get out of the house and head to the store on this beautiful fall day!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I did it last night at the Bar. It was Noisy but it still went well. I borrowed the Dollar from a girl, I really didn't have a Sharpie(FORGOT IT) so I asked her for her lipstick. She Initialed the back and I did the presentation, she freaked out! I mean she was scared to touch the bill. I had to place it in her hand for her to keep it. It was great, Have to make another one tonight.

evolve629
I don't have the Exact s********* either, I couldn't find it but the one I found is working.
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
I have the s********, its the item that came with the DVD, the g***, that I can't find anywhere. I know there is plenty that came with it, but I would like to have some at work too.

Also on another thread, someone mentioned easter eggs on the DVD. Has anyone found any?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I havent looked. And as far as the G***** well I think any would do. Just go to a place that have similar and tell them you need this specific brand.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Did it twice last night, first was a girl at the bar, I think she couldn't comprehend what happened, maybe a little to much to drink. She just looked at me in awe but her friends around her couldn't believe what they saw. The second time was for a group of college kids at the diner. They were at a round table, I borrowed the bill and performed it. The reactions were so loud and great the the Manager came and told them to keep it down. Completely floored them. Love this effect.
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Cool Will!!
sbho
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of sbho
Ok, after finally registering in this forum, I can ask my questions on FRAUD.
I really want to buy this trick, but there are two things holding me up:
1. For one thing, what if the money given by the spectator isn't "clean". After the exchange, when I give it back it'll look different.
2. My biggest concern, I want to do this trick with 1 dollar bills. The seal on it can be A, B, C... you know! So what, I'm like supposed to have all those types of gaffs in my pocket? The chances for a specator to have my type is 1/7 maybe? And I really want to do fraud with his money cause I'm sure it'll add more excitement.

I asked this in the ellusionist forum, but no one seems to give me a clear answer. So knowing that the trick is kinda revealed here, I thought maybe I can get an answer from here.
It's not like if I want it I should buy it and try it! I live in Lebanon, so the cheapest way to get it is with $9 shipping and waiting 2 weeks! It's not looking cheat to me.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Honestly the best I can answer is, that the DVD will tell you everything you need to know. EVERYTHING is covered... Sorry to sound so vague but I cant think of anything else without exposure.
sbho
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of sbho
I see. But can you tell me if I should worry about these? Do these trouble you even after seeing the DVD?
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Hey Sbho, it's no problem at all - those issues will never come up because when you start the effect they have no idea what your doing until its done so they are not looking for anything.
sbho
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of sbho
I see. Cause what I'm thinking is that if I'm about to start, I'm gonna say: look at the seal. Now I'm gonna do something to it...so when I say look at the seal, they're gonna look and see an A let's say.
gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
147 Posts

Profile of gamma105
This thread has giving enough information without tipping the secret. Can you people stop trying to fish out the method already? it's getting annoying
Frankie636
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Frankie636
SBHO,

Do NOT worry about those things. DG has covered every aspect, including the questions you are asking.

The effect is worth it-- Buy it.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
I agree with others that this trend of releasing one trick on a DVD for thirty bucks seems wrong. IMO, it contributes to people wanting to pirate discs or re-sell them. People learn the one trick and then send em on. They'd be much less likely to do that with something of value - a book or a DVD full of good routines.

Also, the arguement that more magic "won't fit on the disc" is inaccurate.
Hart Keene
View Profile
Inner circle
Eugene, OR
1486 Posts

Profile of Hart Keene
Quote:
On 2006-10-05 00:37, bsears wrote:
I agree with others that this trend of releasing one trick on a DVD for thirty bucks seems wrong. IMO, it contributes to people wanting to pirate discs or re-sell them. People learn the one trick and then send em on. They'd be much less likely to do that with something of value - a book or a DVD full of good routines.

Also, the arguement that more magic "won't fit on the disc" is inaccurate.

I understand where everyone is coming from on this but as long as you buy the products then this trend will continue. The Café doesn't help. An effect is hyped so much on here that no one can handle not knowing the secret. The creators and producers of these dvds/effects are not idiots. They know exactly how to market to curious magicians who just can't help it!

Hell, I ordered mine 3 days ago!!!!! I am a working professional and I have all the material I could ever need but I am just as sick with "the magic bug" as I was 10 years ago. Is there any cure? Not Daniel Garcia!
-Hart

Check out my website:
Magician Portland Oregon
Frankie636
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Frankie636
I agree with this "1 Trick DVD" theory that it is making the retailers richer and we, as the consumers, are only putting more wood into their fire. It is easily understandable that perhaps more used DVD's are being circulated and more pirated copies also are being circulated.

Because of these 2 probable (and more likely) circulations to occur, the retailers could be selling a whole lot more-- but aren't. I feel that these other 2 circulations are putting a damper on the retailers as they could be grabbing much more money.

Because of places like the Magic Café and other review sites causing a big hype in the new effect to buy, magicians would want the effect more (no doubt). However, once they know it cost $30 for 1 effect, many, I feel, would be patient and wait a bit until they can get their hands on a used one (or pirated copy) for a cheaper price. They can (as an option) buy the DVD and then sell it used to someone for $25 and say that the effect only cost them $5.

I feel consumers would more likely buy and keep the original DVD's if they contained many effects in 1 DVD for the same price ($30) as the "1 trick DVD".

Take for instance, Paul Harris' 2 DVD set as being a real bargain. Originally, they were 5 video tapes EACH containing 10-15 effects. NOW, you can get 1 DVD containing 3 videos (37 effects in total) and another DVD containing 2 videos (23 effects in total). Each of these DVD's cost UNDER $20.

So to sum it up, for $40 (just $10 more than a "1 Trick DVD") you get a whopping "60 EFFECTS in 2 DVD's" and all from a very reputable magician as we all well know.

With that much magic in just 2 DVD's, I feel more people would keep the original DVD's and not want a pirated copy or a used copy. Money towards that DVD set is a nice investment. More people would want that set from a retailer than a "1 trick DVD".

This is my own opinion, of course Smile. I never took a business course in my life-- Just a little of life experiences Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Fraud...? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL