The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » pre thought (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MANDRAGORE
View Profile
New user
N.Ireland
72 Posts

Profile of MANDRAGORE
I would like to know if anybody read pre thought by Banachek, and is it worth it?

Thank you for your help.

BEN
Andrewdavidson12
View Profile
Loyal user
England
232 Posts

Profile of Andrewdavidson12
Whilst I don't think it is the best thing he has ever written (it was at a relatively early stage in his career) I do think it is worth having to see the thought behind the routine.

I'm not sure you would necessarily perform the routine as written, or indeed, whether you would ever perform any parts of it but an interesting read regardless.

Andrew
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Andrew hit the nail on the head--I don’t think I’ll ever perform anything from it (although Steve’s add-a-number handling is intriguing), but I did get a lot out of it both through the insight into how it was put together and through the introductory essays. For $7, you can’t really go wrong.

It’s definitely a different level of work than his later writings, but I still quite enjoyed it (then again, part of that may be because one of the introductory essays is dedicated to dispelling the myth that mentalists can’t be young, so maybe I’m biased Smile
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
I think you would apreciate the Gary Kurtz version of the Chair prediction described in Pre thoughts. Far more subtle I think. It is called "The ultimate chair prediction plus" (it is !..)
I bought it from Lee Jacob.
Best,
Fred
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Andy,

Just a note to say that Pre Thoughts by Banachek is actually selling for $10 rather than $7.00 as you mentioned in your post.

To the rest of the board,

Indeed it was his first set of "lecture notes" that was really a complete routine he performed in the 1980's. It is a complete routine for anyone who wants to learn a mental act from one place.

One interesting side bar . . . the ending was revised from the first edition in defference to Max Maven. Max and Banachek apparently had simultaneous inspirations but Banachek published his ending and Max didn't and wanted to keep it out of print.

So let it be done . . . so let not be written. ;-)

yours,
Scott
Magic Inspirations
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Ray Eldard
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, AZ
90 Posts

Profile of Ray Eldard
Like Bob Cassidy's Art of Mentalism 2, Pre Thoughts is valuable just to see a fully structured act. That said I still use part of the act in mine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » pre thought (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL