The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Black widow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Hey all,
I was interested in the new Black Widow that's available at Hocus Pocus. I was worried about it being too much like the raven. What are the advantages and more importantly DISADVANTAGES of using the Black Widow? It obviously can't be a raven ripoff because it is so expensive.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
There is a thread on this in the good bad and garbage section....about 7 pages worth;)
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Bryan, HERE is the thread. It is currently eight pages, from reading the thread and watching the demo clips in that thread you can gather that it is some type of holdout device that can extend and contract. It can also pick up objects and simultaneously drop objects. Very different than a Raven.
Click to visit:
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I ordered it. I figured I'd give it a go. I have a few routines in mind for the device as it seems VERY visual and practical after some practice.
poprocz
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of poprocz
Enjoy it and I think you will.
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
Is this what Criss Angel used when he changed an almond to a bug?
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
Probably
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
I doubt it. That looked more like the PK Ring.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
It was definatley the Pk ring.
Full Deck
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Full Deck
No worry, Its not like the Raven. It will bo everything a Raven will do and much, much more. Its my opinion that the Black Widow is much easier to use than the Raven. Once your are set up with the Black Widow, its there whenever you want it.

Best,

Full Deck
AndyGTheGreat
View Profile
New user
Orange County
14 Posts

Profile of AndyGTheGreat
I don't think the black widow should be worth that much money. I believe Subterfuge is great and is just awsome
jayhoward
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of jayhoward
Don't take this personally AndyGThe Great, but what something is or isn't worth seems extremely subjective. You could argue to someone interested in magic, the Black Widow is certainly worth as much as an iPod.. There are people who argue you can get a great MP3 player for under a $100, why pay for an iPod? Different strokes for different folks. I haven't owned my Black Widow for more than a couple of days, but just looking it over leads me to believe it's worth every penny. Again, just one person's view.
Maforen
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Maforen
I got my Black Widow and I think it is great. The ideas are running wild with what I can do now. It looks well made and I hope it lasts because of the price invlved, but still I think it will double my ability to show great Magic. It not hard to set up and once done your in and enjoying blowing peoples minds.
cool device!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Black widow (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL