The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Gods visited the Playboy Mansion!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
nickivory
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
55 Posts

Profile of nickivory
It was 95 Degrees. The sun uninvitedly blared down on those whom dare enter it's rays. It was hotter than sin. I walked casually toward the sparkling blue waters and entered an ominous cavern that idly sat deep in the shadows. I stood there quietly peering among the patrons of the night. I'm in the grotto. Not just any grotto. The infamous Playboy Mansion grotto.

The grotto was rather large. The pool of crystal clear water had a mysterious fog that slowly caressed it's surface. I looked deeper into this cavern and happened to make notice of the most beautiful of creatures. Bunnies. Not your typical furry cute little bunnies. Playboy Mansion bunnies. I walked along the water's edge toward these exuberantly fashioned beauties. The illumination from underneath the water's rippling surface cascaded images upon the ceiling of the cavern. Shadows and shapes peered down at you as if you where entering a different dimensional world. A world of esoteric beings and the like.

The ladies looked up at me and greeted me with a smile. Their clothing was beautiful, yet scarce. Their bodies were sensual, yet eloquent. There was much debauchery within these cavern walls. I proceeded to introduce myself. I wasn't just a guest of the evening, I was a part of the evening. I chatted with these beauties for quite some time, then invited them to help me with a rather unusual experience.

"Do you know what this grotto is reminiscent of?". I pleasantly asked.

The ladies all nodded with a kind "no".

"There is an ancient Mayan belief that caves are the source, or location of the birth of gods. In Mayan mythology, the gods of rain, winds, thunder, lightning, rainbows, clouds and corn all lived in caves. Caves were considered the sacred portals between the visible and invisible worlds."

The ladies stared intently as I continued...

"This cave is reminiscent of the cave, Actun Tunichil Muknal, The Cave of the Stone Sepulcher. It is a wet cave, with a perennial stream running through it, kind of like this. In Mayan mythology, Mayans would performed rituals to appease their gods."

I reached slowly into my pocket and removed a black cloth which I held in my outstretched hand.

"Lets try and summon one of these gods tonight."

I slowly unraveled the black cloth in my hand to reveal a black oval shaped stone with some unusual markings.

"This stone that I hold is an ancient portal to another world, the world of the gods. These symbols etched into the face represent the god of rain. Through proper divinations we can communicate directly with these esoteric beings of old."

The women all looked at me as if I was the one that had flown over the Cuckoo's Nest.

"Really, lets try this. Now once we make a connection, they're always happy to give us a sign."

I moved to the edge of the pool of glimmering water.

"Come to the edge with me and kneel down."

The ladies followed suit and joined me at the edge of the grotto's pool.

"In order for this to work, we need multiple energies to create a synergy powerful enough to invoke a response. I need all of you ladies to help me. Please place both of your hands in the water."

The ladies at the waters edge do just as instructed. They all place their hands in the water.

"Here we go. Watch!"

The ladies with their hands still in the water all look up at me in curiosity. I am kneeling at the edge of the pool. I look down at my cupped hands that is still holding the ancient Mayan stone. They all stare at my hands as my hands slowly move into the omniscient pool of water. Once my hands are completely submerged, the impossible begins to happens. As if a direct sign from the rain gods themselves, the women all look up at the ceiling of the cavern. Water, as if coming deep from within the stoned ceiling itself begins to trickle down all over their bodies. That night, those Playboy Bunnies felt the touch of a god. Was this a direct sign from the ancient rain gods of old?

The women swear it to be!!

Me?
Peter Loughran's "RAINMAKER"

--------------------------

Ladies and Gentlemen......What can I say. This is magic at it's finest. Peter Loughran is an absolute genius when it comes to pondering and creating illusions that are out of this freakin world, in this case, the rain gods world. Rainmaker is an absolute must for magicians who want to make their magic more resonant. An absolute must for magicians who want to touch an emotional chord with their intrigued spectators. And an absolute must for magicians who want to break free from the mediocrital norm of conventional magic that our general lay society sees it to be.

Rainmaker IS THIS ILLUSION!!

So what is it?

Rainmaker is an apparatus that gives you the ability to make it rain. Now when I say rain, I don't mean a down-pour, I mean a short brisk drizzle. Short and sweet, is tough to beat. In the case of my Playboy Mansion Grotto experiment I was able to use Rainmaker and have water adhere to the stoned ceiling and dribble at my willing. For those who own it may know of what I speak. Try it out on your ceiling. It's really cool.

The device is extremely well made. A lot of thought and care were put into the creation of this modern masterpiece. This IS an out-of-the-box illusion that one can perform literally right away after it's initial setup. However, I can't stress enough......PRESENTATION.....without a good presentation, your dead in the water, and I didn't want to die in the grotto that night. I did some research before hand on caves and Mayan mythology and came up with the aforementioned presentation.

The initial setup takes about 5 minutes and then you're ready to perform Rainmaker all night, with the exception of replenishing your water supply, which is an extremely easy task. You don't have to replenish everytime. You can perform Rainmaker generously before any replenishment is needed.

If you can hold out your hands, you can do this illusion. Its that easy.

Think of the possiblities.

Think of what people will say......"This guy made it freakin rain!!!!!"

Peter Loughran.....FANTASTIC JOB!!
KEEP UP THE ESOTERIC THINKING!!

------------------------
I also performed Peter Loughran's Bottle Twister Illusion at the Mansion. Again, another wonderful piece of magic. I will give a full review of that at a later time......I'm just sick of typing.

P.S. I have a picture of the Playboy Mansion Grotto on my website in the gallery section for those who are curious.

Until next time......
Nick Ivory
http://www.nickivory.com
Imagination is my Power!
www.nickivory.com
Modern Day Illusions
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Nick,

I thoroughly enjoyed your post, thank you.
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
nickivory
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
55 Posts

Profile of nickivory
Thanks Logan, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought I would detail every aspect of that performance of Rainmaker that night. As you can tell, it went over really well.

Until next time,
Nick Ivory

Imagination is my Power!
www.nickivory.com
Modern Day Illusions
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
That you did Nick and you did well.

I wish I could've been there to see their reactions to such a spectacle.

A question about the actual product, is it practical to go at a moment's notice? Or do you have to have some time alone in the venue of performance before actually performing?

Thanks and take care,

Logan

nickivory
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
55 Posts

Profile of nickivory
Logan,

Once you have the device attached to your person, you're ready to perform Rainmaker at any moment's notice. You can walk around for hours, having the device attached, then out of the blue, you can make it rain. You can literally perform this anywhere. Inside, outside, in a cave, on a plane, in a train, ANYWHERE. This is the beauty of such a device. There is no prior setup to your environment. Put it on and you're ready to summon the rain Gods.

Hope this helps.
Nick Ivory
Imagination is my Power!
www.nickivory.com
Modern Day Illusions
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
How good is this? I mean it reads beautifully, but I am still scared from another product that I had bought that didn't pan out for me.
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
I envy you. So much. Did you get to participate in any of the debauchery in the grotto? :-P

Ian
camador
View Profile
Regular user
Salamanca
170 Posts

Profile of camador
!@#$%^ @#$%!!! You are a lucky man!!!

Regards
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Beautiful story. So how is people react? And what is the ending for the story? I mean, what reward did you get?

I hopes that I am there too!!
nickivory
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
55 Posts

Profile of nickivory
The reaction was phenomenol. This particular illusion goes far beyond the cliched..."Pick a card, any card." Don't get me wrong I do card effects as well, but this sort of illusion gives your magic a more resonant and profound meaning for all that happen to witness.

After the girls got drizzled on, they pretty much leaped up and started screaming. Think about. Erase everything you know about magic. The concepts, the theories, the solutions. Go back for a moment to a lay persons way of thinking, then imagine helping with the summoning of a rain god only to be given an actual sign of that god itself by having rain literally fall on top of you. Again, erase what you already know, and when you do, you will swear that what you've just experienced is real magic.

As for the rewards of such a magical endeavor. Well......I'm going to keep those stories to myself. Use your imagination, and I garuarentee you won't be far from what really happened.

Magically,
Nick Ivory
Imagination is my Power!
www.nickivory.com
Modern Day Illusions
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Touched by a god - followed by touched by a magician I hope Smile...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Forget Rainmaker, what trick did you use to get into the Mansion?!?

Nick forgot to mention after entering the grotto he perfomred an impromptu version of Peter's "Elevator".

Sorry, couldn't help it.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Nice one bloodkin. Smile

Nick,it sound's like this was the ultimate environment to perform Rainmaker.May I ask you,were you asked to repeat this,and if you were asked,did you?

I know it has been said that this is repeatable,however,I am of the School of thought that repeating a strong effect has no upside.'True Miracle's'(like the illusion of Rainmaker),IMO should be rare events.
I would appreciate your thought's on the above.

Best.
Rich
nickivory
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
55 Posts

Profile of nickivory
"Dr Spektor", "bloodkin", you guys are funny. Actually it's funny that you mention Peter's Elevator. In two weeks I will be performing at the Mansion again and I am going to put the Elevator to the test. I think it might go over quite well. I'll probably post a review of some sort.

"PaleoMagi", I couldn't agree with you more. Repeating an effect that happens to lie in the miracle catagory is a complete disrespect to the art. I also believe that an effect, like Rainmaker, when performed in almost impossible conditions, will never be asked to be repeated. To the spectator's eyes this isn't a magic trick at all, but rather a miracle that couldn't be repeated even if conditions we're proper once again. In the case of the Playmates, they did not ask, for again, this really wasn't a magic trick to them, this was a miracle. Psychologically they left it at that.

I did use Rainmaker a few other times at the Mansion, however for completely different patrons with a completely different patter line. Subconsciously I was naturally aware of my surroundings in making sure that none of the previous experiencers we're present or could over see me do the same miracle that I happened to perform for them.

So basically I think you can repeat an effect, just make sure nobody knows that you've ever done it before. You want them to feel exclusivity. When you do, they won't ask for something of this caliber to ever be repeated.

Hope that made sense...
Nick Ivory
Imagination is my Power!
www.nickivory.com
Modern Day Illusions
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Nick Ivory:Thank-you for the excellent response.

By the way Nick,that is one very Cool Website!

Best.
Rich
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Nick, is there a noticable noise when you 'make it rain'?

If there were cons to this device, what would they be?

nickivory
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
55 Posts

Profile of nickivory
Personally I don't believe there are any cons to the Rainmaker. The Rainmaker does make a noise, however it is nothing that can't be covered up by simply speaking. It is not a loud noise at all. If you are in a room by yourself then yes you will hear a noise. If you are out performing in the real world, then I wouldn't worry about it, the background noise will cover up the device's noise quite well.

Personally I don't see this as a con. Nothing is perfect.

Hope this helps...
Nick Ivory
Imagination is my Power!
www.nickivory.com
Modern Day Illusions
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Nick,

Sounds good to me man.

Thanks buddy,

Logan

nickivory
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
55 Posts

Profile of nickivory
No problem......I'm glad I can help.
www.nickivory.com
Modern Day Illusions
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Nice. I've had Rainmaker on my list since it came out. It's great to get real real world reviews.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Gods visited the Playboy Mansion!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL