The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » Magic for fun. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
Just Curious (again)

Due to the love of the Art I sometimes like to keep myself amused by performing magic routines just for me, eg. a complex card or coin routine can pass away many hours while being "solitarily" content. (me time).

Obviously you do quite a lot of mentalism material (good stuff!!), but do you endulge yourself in any of the "other" magical branches? either for personal pleasure or public/family performance.

best wishes

Wayman.
Banachek
View Profile
V.I.P.
Houston
1086 Posts

Profile of Banachek
To be honest, not really, I just do not have the time. Yes I play with cards, coins, and other magic effects, I do enjoy that. But for fun I read. I read magic books, mysteries, and science fiction. Anything I can get my hands on. I read for about two or three hours every night before I go to bed. And usually some in the day.

But in a way, the answer is yes, I enjoy all branches of magic, although I must admit, if I am at a card lecture, I start to glaze over after the first 20 minutes. Sorry card guys. But I do love a clever magic trick. Don't forget, I used to perform a lot of escapes in my early days. And a lot of my publicity stunts were based upon magical thinking, as is a lot of mentalism. It is just the approach that is different.

I think almost any magic effect can be presented as a mental effect given some thought to it. Mr. Maric proved this in Japan. Heck, I even do some sleeving in my show. And in my close up I do a double lift, a mean top change (my own version) and I even use a glorpy. Smile
In thoughts and Friendship
Banachek
Campus Performer of the Year two years in a row
Year 2000 Campus Novelty Act
PEA Creativity Award Recipient
http://www.banachek.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2002 entrée: Banachek » » Magic for fun. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL