The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Act Of Imagination – Enrique Enriquez (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
The Act Of Imagination – Enrique Enriquez

The Act Of Imagination, what to say about it, first?

Well, the fact that Enrique is a friend could make you think I’m somewhat biased (and maybe I am) but I really found this booklet a goldmine of psychological advices and tips.

Even if you already have read Orville Meyer’s Telepathy In Action and Ford Kross’ Suggestive Mentalism, or ESPECIALLY if you have read those books, I should say, because that means you are interested in this kind of act, you should grab a copy of this wonderful booklet by Enrique.

Inside this booklet, Enrique gives you a well-planned, laid-out sequence of facts and tests you can learn and try the next time you feel you dare.

The tests (or experiments, if you prefer) in the book are so well explained with abundance of details and every other nuance is given to you. You simply cannot fail if you only put your mind at learning the subtleties and the “outs” that Enrique patiently explains to you.

I wrote “outs” but frankly this is a wrong label here... They are not “outs” because as you read through this book you are going to discover that you don’t need them. There is no place for an out in a situation that let you be RIGHT, always... no matter what the subjects say and do, or don’t.

No, this is not some “perform after five minutes you read the instructions” trick… this is something more... Much more than that. It’s a multifaceted set of interactions between you and another living being, it’s a weaved complex of ideas, mental poise, acting... it’s a communication that is simultaneously sent on many levels, call it instinctual or primordial, non-verbal level... verbal level... but there is more. There is something that is not possible, I believe, to transmit, by the limited power of the written word, just reviewing it, as an analytical observer would do.

I know that, in a way, some way, I contribute to hide the real magic of an act like this one with a review like the one I’m writing… Despite what the nay-sayers and the believers in the not-paranormal think (and I’m not saying here that Enrique hints you should present his act like a paranormal thing, quite the contrary instead) there is a sort of magic, a sort of connection that only comes from the right “vibrations” between you and your audience. Maybe it’s not magic, but certainly is something that is difficult to explain with mere words because it eludes your senses… Some kind of atmosphere, the right kind of atmosphere you need to create for getting the most from this kind of demonstration is something that it cannot be explained, it must be created and then felt, when you are immersed in it along with your whole audience... this is the feeling of rapture, of mystery, of fascination that this kind of act can create.

But Enrique does not stop there… He also gives you some ways to start to pre-condition your audience for the main show… and one of those ways is based on some very well-known suggestibility tests one can find in the best books about stage hypnotism and alike, all skillfully sequenced and ready for you...

There are some... uhm... I tentatively call them “effects” because is the most used word, in our craft, to define those kind of experiences witnessed by an audience… Some effects, I said, that are very good and really amalgamate smoothly well into the whole performance. My preferred one has to be the FACE-DOWN DESIGN REVELATIONS done by members of the committee on stage.

I would easily give this book a 10 out of 10... Again, there are golden nuggets everywhere among the pages… even some nuggets so hidden that will take you a second reading of the whole book to see them...

As I mentioned before, this is not a “read the instructions and in 5 minutes you can perform” kind of dealers trick (and, sorry for apparently going a little off-topic, no trick should be sold with this crazy ideas to be implanted in the minds of the wanna-be magicians anyway) because this is a full act, this is Enrique’s act... So, while you envision yourself reading this book, see in your mind’s eye how great it will be to be a performer able to dream, with vivid pictures, of being expert at presenting this full act... Imagine wisely!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
I Agree 100% with you....this is a true Gold Mine....worth Re-Read for many many times...but this Act of Imagination is NOT for begginer or Intermediate performer.....or Advance performer who do not have the strong background that is require to perform this type of Act elegantly....it wolud take a performer with strong background on Hypnotism, Language Patterns, and Theatrical Skill to be able to pull this off.....Thankfully I did have all those requirement....now I'm in the middle of creating my own ACT based on Enrique Works....Thank You Enrique ....why you may ask that I created my own Act?.....it is simply that I am not Enrique....and the pattern in this Book is Enrique Language pattern...and the Breakdown of each "effect" is Enrique style of performing....but this Great Book give me More tah enough solid thinking to create my own ACT....,

10 out of 10 I would say this book is 2....so DON'T read this book...I even wish Enrique doesn't publish this kind of Material ever again....and if he decide to Publish this kind of material I wish he make it more Pricey and expensive........10 times more than $.39,95....and make Print it up only for limited 500 Copies......it is NOT a Good book at all.....
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Mesmer:

Not to worry, Enrique put this out in book form. It is save from prying eyes. had he made a DVD, that would be a different story!

As a theory junky, and someone who loves interesting, and good performances and ideas, I love this book. In fact, I enjoy everything that Enrique has put out over the past year. Very prolific, thought provoking, and inpiring.

All I can really say is, Thank you Enrique!

Tony
Harris0n
View Profile
Loyal user
leeds uk
290 Posts

Profile of Harris0n
Enrique's passion for his art really comes through in his writing. Reading this booklet made me tingle all over.
"There are times when the truth is necessary and times when myth-making is necessary." Nick Cave
Celloboy
View Profile
Special user
London, England
534 Posts

Profile of Celloboy
I have had this book for some time (I think I got it as part of a deal direct from Kenton) And I loved it. It was a bit like being hit around the head with a wet kipper. Here was Enrique saying "you know how to do all this, so why arn't you? You idiot". lol. Even though I can't draw the blindfold routine also went strait into my act. I love it.
Pete
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Wonderful book!! I must say "thank you Paolo Cavalli" for pointing me out to it. If you are interested in telepathy in action stuff this is a must have !!
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
[quote]On 2006-11-18 14:26, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Mesmer:

Not to worry, Enrique put this out in book form. It is save from prying eyes. had he made a DVD, that would be a different story!

Hi Tony, Kenton say its the "DUH" Factor, I know its in a book form, but for a book this good I think ENrique should pirce it more than $39,95, Looking forward for the DVD tough,

Regards
Romy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Act Of Imagination – Enrique Enriquez (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL