The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » THE BOX- Dick Barry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Anyone have any information regarding The Box by Dick Barry? Here is the link, scroll about half way down:

http://www.dickbarrymagic.com/cgi-bin/we......at+Magic
Hogle
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
133 Posts

Profile of Hogle
Nice Link...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The missing link!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Okay, Okay, look at the time I posted that. Smile I clicked and it still worked though, what a twilight zone. I have no clue why it did that but I know it works. Plain wierd.

Here is the burb on Mr Barry's THE BOX:

THE BOX (XM007)
A spectator selects one of 6 different symbols displayed on a small cube. The cube is put inside a leatherette box out of your sight. The closed box is then placed onto the spectator's outstretched palm and rotated 360 degrees to show that it is impossible to see inside the box. Nevertheless, you immediately divine the spectator's chosen symbol! THE BOX can also be used to vanish rings, coins or other small items. No force, can be repeated immediately. This will baffle those who know "Color Vision."

Sale: $20.00

PS: I use to own Die Cipher 2 and this looks much less gimmicky IMO. The symbols look more like ESP and it looks antique looking from the picture on the link. Looks doable for strolling also. I own remote vision cube and it is great but is best for stage/parlor type shows.

PSS: I actually felt for Uri doing that episode of Carson MagicChris.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-07-31 10:16, Candini wrote:
Okay, Okay, look at the time I posted that. Smile I clicked and it still worked though, what a twilight zone. I have no clue why it did that but I know it works. Plain wierd.

Here is the burb on Mr Barry's THE BOX:

THE BOX (XM007)
A spectator selects one of 6 different symbols displayed on a small cube. The cube is put inside a leatherette box out of your sight. The closed box is then placed onto the spectator's outstretched palm and rotated 360 degrees to show that it is impossible to see inside the box. Nevertheless, you immediately divine the spectator's chosen symbol! THE BOX can also be used to vanish rings, coins or other small items. No force, can be repeated immediately. This will baffle those who know "Color Vision."

Sale: $20.00

PS: I use to own Die Cipher 2 and this looks much less gimmicky IMO. The symbols look more like ESP and it looks antique looking from the picture on the link. Looks doable for strolling also. I own remote vision cube and it is great but is best for stage/parlor type shows.

PSS: I actually felt for Uri doing that episode of Carson MagicChris.


I've posted things like that also in the wee hours!!!

Sounds like a cool effect. I like Dick Barry's products.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
LOL, I also like his products and great customer service. I just ordered his 52 in 1 Miracle.
multiply
View Profile
Loyal user
England (Olde!)
202 Posts

Profile of multiply
Just a tip - in future, use tinyurl.com
It condenses a long address to just a few characters.
Like this: http://tinyurl.com/j8sqs
Gary B
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Multiply.....this is a first for me, no wonder I never got any calls when my website link was that long......
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2460 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Question: What is a "leatherette box" ? Is this a fancy name for pleather (plastic-leather)

Anyone have this? what does this look like? (box/die)
GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
Quote:
On 2006-08-01 11:27, magicmind wrote:
Question: What is a "leatherette box" ? Is this a fancy name for pleather (plastic-leather)

Anyone have this? what does this look like? (box/die)


The box
Can be seen here... (scroll down the page a little)

Not sure how this would fool those who know the 'TeleVision' principle. The box could still be placed on the specs. hand and rotated after the dirty work - just think 'Okito'...

GS
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2460 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2006-08-01 13:38, GhostSurfer wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-08-01 11:27, magicmind wrote:
Question: What is a "leatherette box" ? Is this a fancy name for pleather (plastic-leather)

Anyone have this? what does this look like? (box/die)


The box
Can be seen here... (scroll down the page a little)

Not sure how this would fool those who know the 'TeleVision' principle. The box could still be placed on the specs. hand and rotated after the dirty work - just think 'Okito'...

GS


Right, I saw that...that is where I got the "lestherette" description from. Above I think someone mentioned it NOT working like color vision, therefore, not okito. Method I would assume is more like D** C*****.
GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
Quote:
On 2006-08-01 14:28, magicmind wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-08-01 13:38, GhostSurfer wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-08-01 11:27, magicmind wrote:
Question: What is a "leatherette box" ? Is this a fancy name for pleather (plastic-leather)

Anyone have this? what does this look like? (box/die)


The box
Can be seen here... (scroll down the page a little)

Not sure how this would fool those who know the 'TeleVision' principle. The box could still be placed on the specs. hand and rotated after the dirty work - just think 'Okito'...

GS


Right, I saw that...that is where I got the "lestherette" description from. Above I think someone mentioned it NOT working like color vision, therefore, not okito. Method I would assume is more like D** C*****.


The only quote above re; ColorVision is straight from the Ad. - I'm still willing to bet it's just a simple Okito move, hence the vanish of small objects. The peek is still the same, though.

Anyway, you could probably look for weeks-on-end to find such a box, so for $20 it's definitely worth the asking price...


GS
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Funny thing is, I may order it and use it just like the Television. I have never been busted with that. I would love it to be like d** C***** though. If I can add it to my other order from Mr Barry, I will try it out.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2460 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Please let us know what you think of the effect and of the leatherette Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I will if I get it in the shipment. Im pretty sure leatherette is a psuedoleather. Sort of like a leather covering. I see jackets and other items like this. Fake leather if you will. Its very hard to tell the difference, to me anyways.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2460 Posts

Profile of magicmind
I know what it is...was joking....pleather/letherette.....just funny words Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
LOL, I spoke with Mr Barry. The Box sounds like a winner. I love the look of it and there are two ways of performing with it. For mentalism, I think this is doable.

C
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Got it ordered, very nice customer service.
GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
Quote:
On 2006-08-02 04:47, Candini wrote:
Got it ordered, very nice customer service.



Candini, please let me know how good (or otherwise) this thing is once you've got it - I'm itching to order one, as well as the card prediction thing...


GS
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Will do.....looking forward to both.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » THE BOX- Dick Barry (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.31 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL