The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Appearance or Vanish - help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3965 Posts

Profile of emyers99
While I've been performing for over 20 years, my experience with illusions is limited to metamorposis, zig zag and a levitation. I'm consulting in a dance production and they would like to include a one person appearance or vanish (preferably without the need for an assistant). The budget is not great so we'll probably need to build whatever illusion we decide on.

Does anyone have a recommendation for effects/illusion plan books that may fit the bill. While we will have a stage, I cannot garauntee control of lighting or backdrops.

Unfortunately, I'm on a very tight schedule so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric
BtheDreamer
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of BtheDreamer
Hmmm I’m a bit confused you need to make a person appear in a dance production with out the aid of an assistant. Does this mean offstage assistant because my first thought is you have a whole slew of dancers can't they help make the person appear?

If a dancer or two could help that would give you more options for sure but for now the most obvious to me is a flash appearance. That’s not too bad to build and transport and can be done in most any setting with no assistants.

Good luck

B
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3965 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Thanks B. Yeah, I agree it would be easiest to have more dancers involved. This is during a portion of the show where they want the appearance/vanish to be the most effective. So they want as little clutter on stage as possible so that all attention is focused on the appearance/vanish.

I've found a few other threads that were helpful so I think I have some possibilities.
pradell
View Profile
Special user
Alaska
559 Posts

Profile of pradell
Tip Over trunk comes to mind. Pretty easy to build and not to hard to execute. Hank Lee sells these plans by Osborne at http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=184
I've had one built recently and used it to produce a young rider on a mini motorcycle, which went over very well.
:magician:
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
I am with Pradell. Tip Over Trunk would be grief-free for someone like yourself on a tight schedule.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Check out Andrew Mayne's plans....

Could probably build something cheaply yet effective...

Maybe, top up with your own money, then build a good prop and negotiate to keep it for yourself for your future shows? It'll pay for itself later...

Good investment, less cost if building on your own budget...

I'd recommend a good L-shaped Base... Surrounded yet upright, easier to manage, somewhat... And more options for the future...

Just my 2 cents...

Good luck! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
I have just published the eBook to my Troupe Vanish illusion - the vanish of seven dancers from a platform surrounded by audience members...and they reappear at the back of the audience.

Have a look at http://www.julianbondmusic.com/troupevanish.html - email or PM me if you have any questions.

Good luck!
Julian
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Appearance or Vanish - help! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL