The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What are the rates for close up in your area? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Thank-you Danny. You have given some real insight. I totally agree that it is not about increasing the restaurant's profit but providing an atmosphere.
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Correct me if I am wrong but the question is in regards to fees for corporate and not restaurant work. The fees I get for doing strolling at corporate gigs and at restaurants are totally different!

What you can earn I think has a lot to do with the country you live in and where in that country you live.
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Yes it was for corporate work, but still the restaurant offshoot still makes valid points that should not be ignored.

Corporate rates depend sometimes just on you as a performer. Some performers only do high-end corporate work making $10,000 in two days.

The rates also depend on exactly what company is hiring you, their needs (do they need you to entertain at a dinner or a meeting, or at a sales event), the area you live in and more.
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
I think it's time to put up or ....

I get $200 per hour walk around for corporate work with a two hour minimum. This price is very close to the formula involving cost of an average apartment (2 Hours walk around = Cost of 1 bedroom apt) Although I should admit that I don't do a ton of this type, mostly around Christmas. Perhaps I should market myself better to this niche.

Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7406 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Wow! Someone actually read a thread I linked to. Thanks Joe.

(He is referencing The Top Banana's post on one of those threads.)

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20293 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
While yes this was about corporate work, Drew mentioned a common fallacy about restaurants that screamed to be cleared up.

As for the $400 an hour guys, what good does it do to get that fee only once in a while? I don't care what the MOST your fee has been, it only matters what you REGULARLY get. That is where the reality lies.

It seems as if in a scant few months Bens rates have doubled. Keep going you will be up to about a grand an hour by the end of the year.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
benlewis2004
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of benlewis2004
I don't personally charge £200 an hour, I am talking full time professionals in my area (central London). I personally charge £120 for the first hour an £80 for every hour after that. I perform 3-4 times a month currently at that rate, I am still a student though, studying for my a levels.

Also, yes I was talking corporate/private walkaround, not restaurant. Also, I am talking about rates that these guys get and are booked up on these rates for months in advance all throughout the year.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20293 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Maybe you should answer for you and not others.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
robjames
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of robjames
Quote:
On 2007-04-04 15:35, benlewis2004 wrote:
I don't personally charge £200 an hour, I am talking full time professionals in my area (central london). I personally charge £120 for the first hour an £80 for every hour after that. I perform 3-4 times a month currently at that rate, I am still a student though, studying for my a levels.

Hi Ben

Here's a more interesting question for you:

Does the fact that you are student give you the right to steal the website from someone who is actually a full time professional magician?

I see you have directly taken my old website http://www.tablemagician.co.uk and copied the design and most of the text from it.

I will give you a call later and we can have a chat about this in detail.

Rob
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I just checked out both websites and found them to be different...can you quote direct examples of the theft?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I'm going to be the first American to give a straight answer here. I have done walk around for free, and I have done walk around for $250 an hour, so tell me what your budget is and, I will give you my best price today (or however you spell that French word).
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
robjames
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of robjames
Quote:
On 2007-04-05 09:33, mrbilldentertainer wrote:
I just checked out both websites and found them to be different...can you quote direct examples of the theft?

He has changed it now. But basically it was a direct copy.

He has now decided to take text from David Neubauer instead.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I'm glad you gave a str!eight answer and not a straight one!
I think the french you are looking for is "Je ne sais quoi"
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Mr. Bill
The grammar host never makes a mistake. je ne sais quoi means that special something, What I was trying to avoid spelling was du juor, "of the day, or today" it is plain to see I'm not the international star you are Bill.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
But you are something special Al!

Thanks for responding Rob. I was going to say that maybe I was viewing the wrong site (or you were).
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Quote:
On 2007-04-04 10:50, Dannydoyle wrote:
Speakinig as one who OWNED a restaurant, you could not possibly be more wrong Drew.

Speaking of falacies, ever hear of the falacy of the inadequate sample?

You owning or having owned a restraunt does not prove, show, or express the tendancies of the average restraunt owner in any way shape or form.

Non of that relates to what I was saying, however. I was speaking of the fact that the only ceiling any prace range has is the amount you can talk the purchaser into paying. Any good salesman knows this fact. It was ment to point out that much of what this thread will be directed at is creating a false ceiling. Marketing is so much more complicated than the threads in this forum ever seem to recognise.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20293 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Again Drew you come up with ridiculus arguements about things you never have done.
See I was part of the Rotory club. HUNDREDS of restaurant owners at the Florida Restaurant owners trade show. ALL of them said the same thing.

As a matter of fact Drew, I went out of my way to talk to them about it. HMMM the number seems to be going up.

Also that is a nice fantasy about whatever you can talk people into is just wrong. IF you talk them into too high a price, you are out on your but.

It is ok theough, I like to see it when you make up ideas about things you have no experience in. That is what the Café' is all about isn't it? Magicians pontificating about what they THINK is the truth?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
benlewis2004
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of benlewis2004
Rob all was explained, I hope you understand, for anyone that doesn't, don't use the webdesigner from tiger entertainment.
benlewis2004
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of benlewis2004
Also rob, if you ont mind explaining, I have for this first time, not used a web designer, due to this problem with him, and have had to do a website for the first time myself. If you ont mind explaining what you mean by I copied someone elses text to put on it, because I didn't think the text was that good, it was just something I thought at the time.

Also, no I would never find it acceptable to steal a website, and I hope you understand what happened in this situation.

Also, when I have explained everything to you rob, and responded promptly when I found out the problem (despite being very busy all day), I don't find it very professional of you to try to embarass me in this way.

Thanks
Ben Lewis
benlewis2004
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of benlewis2004
Quote:
On 2007-04-04 16:08, Dannydoyle wrote:
Maybe you should answer for you and not others.

I read the topic entitled "close-up rates in your area", not your own personal rates.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What are the rates for close up in your area? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL