We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review request: Skullkracker by Bob Sheets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
silverzer0
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of silverzer0
Hi, does any own and/or have seen Skullkracker by Bob Sheets?

Click here!

Sounds like it could be an interesting bill switch..
Bill Abbott
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of Bill Abbott
Bob Sheets performed this for me at Fechter's and it's great.

Bill Abbott
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Well, the cat's now out of the bag...

Bob Sheets is performing formal close up at FISM and that's the reason for all the secrecy about the release of Skullkracker. It's in his show and he's the only one selling it at the convention.

Now that FISM has started and it's out everybody will soon find out just how great it is. It's about as visual as magic gets without trick photography. In fact, I performed it at Johnny Thompson's birthday party last week. About 25 of the Las Vegas elite saw it. The reaction was a gasp. They just weren't ready for it. Nobody is. Watching were Johnny, Lance Burton, Mac King, Jeff McBride, Criss Angel and many other top guys. Let's just say they all want Skullkraker for their performances.

Bob and I covered all the work he has on the concept. The DVD is over an hour devoted to all the work from both front and performer's view. You'll be pleasantly surprised how practical and user friendly the method is. Bob actually shows the best way I've seen to learn a trick on the DVD. His idea supplies an unlimited audience for you to practice on. It's really great.

I've generated a trailer for the dealers. Worldwide distribution will be handled by Murphy's Magic Supplies. Skullkracker should arrive at most dealers by the end of the week. We start shipping orders tomorrow.

Enjoy this one...you'll have it in your repertoire for years...
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4457 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
How does this look like in person? Is it like the Juan Pablo switch? Or more of a classic switch where it is very small? Or like Sean Fields stunning cange 'C.R.E.A.M'?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1547 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Bob Kohler endorses it, it's Bob Sheets' effect, and Bill Abbott likes it.

With that in mind, I suspect my order will ship tommorow as well.

Posted: Aug 1, 2006 11:39am
Oops..."tomorrow." Sorry.
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Just placed my order for Skullkracker. Anything with Bob's name is gonna be a winner! I'll post a review soon.
Badger
View Profile
Veteran user
Ireland
384 Posts

Profile of Badger
Is there a video demo of this?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-08-01 11:38, Nathan Alexander wrote:
Bob Kohler endorses it, it's Bob Sheets' effect, and Bill Abbott likes it.

With that in mind, I suspect my order will ship tommorow as well.

That really says it all. I've been using Changeabill by Fred Berthelot ( released by Bob Kohler ) amd I thought I'd never switch over. Well,,,,time to re-evaluate that now!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I hang out with Bob Sheets pretty regularly so I've seen this develop over time and I think that it's great. I'm not even sure that I've seen the latest version because Bob is never satisfied and he constantly tweaks everything that he does, an admirable quality in my book. Skullkracker is as visual as the Juan Pablo bill switch and it's variants yet it's virtually angle proof and it uses a BRILLIANT idea where, with absolutely no maneuvering and without the magician hiding anything, both sides of the bill are shown just prior to the transformation. I predict that a lot of magicians are going to be using this.
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Demo is on hocus-pocus.
Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
I saw Bob Sheets perform this at LVMI this past June and it looks terrific.It's not a bill switch in the way we've all become accustomed to thinking of them. It truly looks like the bill changes as you're looking at it. VERY CLEAN. Great effect. Don't hesitate getting it.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-08-02 13:01, Larry Davidson wrote:
I hang out with Bob Sheets pretty regularly so I've seen this develop over time and I think that it's great. I'm not even sure that I've seen the latest version because Bob is never satisfied and he constantly tweaks everything that he does, an admirable quality in my book. Skullkracker is as visual as the Juan Pablo bill switch and it's variants yet it's virtually angle proof and it uses a BRILLIANT idea where, with absolutely no maneuvering and without the magician hiding anything, both sides of the bill are shown just prior to the transformation. I predict that a lot of magicians are going to be using this.

This is like a blessing from the Pope. If Larry likes it, it speaks volumes about its impact!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Thanks Chris, I've been compared to a lot of people but never the Pope!

Don't judge this effect by the WEB demo. The change is shown in a very tight frame so you might see some of what's going on, but when performed in the real world spectators won't have a clue (partly because of required eye movement) and there's a lot more involved than what the WEB demo shows.

Larry
silverzer0
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of silverzer0
Bought mine yesterday.. Can't wait to see it!
Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Larry's correct about the web demo. The challenge for me is to make it so that you can actually see it properly on the web. I used the extreme close-up shots to make it large enough to see online.

In the real world the audience gets "nothing". First, they are simply not ready for the change to happen. I've done it quite a bit the last few weeks for lay people and some of the best magicians in the world. The result is always the same...they gasp.

I do think the demo shows the visual nature of Skullkracker and even though it's only one minute long I think you can see some of the versatility. But there's a lot more work on the DVD.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
934 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
I have ordered this and look forward to its arrival. Sounds great.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Is the bill folded or completely open? Also how clean are you at the end? With the TT version at least your hands can be seen empty. I'm very interested in this because Sheets is one of my favorite magicians.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1172 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Quote:
On 2006-08-02 16:24, Larry Davidson wrote:
Thanks Chris, I've been compared to a lot of people but never the Pope!

I don't know Larry...you kind of have that Pope wave down in your picture!!!

OK...first thing first. I ordered this Tuesday afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised to find it in my mail box when I got home after a Looooonnnnggg day at work. Once again, Bob's customer service is second to none. WOW.

Also, just to get it out of the way, once again, top notch video work and planning went into this DVD and what I have come to expect from a Kohler video release. Every nuance is covered from folds, types of currency, various routines, and tips of advice I would have never imagined in preparing a bill. When Bob described how he got the crisp folds in the bill that keep the "memory" I thought he was joking at first. Just like with the Final Answer, this is a treatsie on a bill change. I also enjoy the new feature of seeing it from a reverse angle, superimposed on the screen. Also...in an era where a glut of products come out and people don't take the time to properly credit those who provided the inspiration, Bob takes the rare opportunity to get that out of the way right off the bat in the opening credits.

Now...for the actual bill switch. I have pretty much been a tried and true Kozlowski thumb tip bill switch kind of guy for about 17 years. Never really investigated any other method. However, I decided to take a look at Skullkracker for one particular reason and it looks like it is going to pay off. I carry 3D cash with me on a daily basis, whether I am in a suit at work or shorts in the summer. I start with $1s then to $10s then to $100's. A lot of times, I am asked to do it again for some people that just walked up and if I haven't had the opportunity to reset, I usually borrow someone's $1 bill and do a bill switch for a mismade dollar. However, some start to ask, "Why are you folding it up so small, that's not what you just did?" With Skullkracker, I have most likely found my solution. I now can fold a $1 bill in half, as I do in 3D cash, and instantly transform it, and Krack them in the head. They aren't expecting it.

I agree with Larry and Bob about the WEB demo. When I first started watching a couple of the variations, I thought it was ok. But then I saw a few others that really blew me away. I believe there are like 7 or 8 different ways to perform it. The one I most likely will do is the "ooze change." This allows you to show the bill front and back and instantly show it changed. To me, it is very reminiscent of the second phase of Kohler's 3 Fly where he bends his wrists down to show 2 coins in 1 hand and 1 in the other, and by the time he raises his hands, they have switched. All in one quick motion. VERY NICE touch.

The question is asked, does the bill have to be folded? Yes, but only in half. I don't think you lose anything at all, and it beats the folding into 16ths tiny packet that you do with a thumbtip. And, you can show the bill front and back up to literally a split second before the change.

Bob also tips a very diabolical way to have a person looking into your hands and be off to your side and still be able to do it. I will be using this method very soon for stage work. One of those things, "Why didn't I think of that."

All in all, a quality release with some material I will add. Will I still carry a thumbtip with me? Absolutely? But now, when I need to do a follow-up to 3D Cash, I will be Kracking them in the skull with this baby.

One last point where again, I agree with Bob and Larry on the WEB demo. Don't base it strictly on that. At first, I could see where some people think they see everything because of the tight camera shot. But as I listened to Bob Sheets talk about the way our eyes move and the way spectators watch something, it really dawned on me, people really won't see this happening in a real live setting. If you can understand that, then you will understand how powerful this can be.

My 3 and a half cents worth.....................

Thanks Bob squared.
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Quote:
On 2006-08-04 00:53, Michael Dustman wrote:
Also, just to get it out of the way, once again, top notch video work and planning went into this DVD and what I have come to expect from a Kohler video release.

Kohler is the man. Kohler=Quality
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
If Larry is the Pope, where is his funny hat? Smile

Anyhows, I bought Skullcracker today at FISM direcktly from Bob (Sheets).
And he showed it to me first with US currency, and then with Swedish.
It really looked amazing.
Can't wait to watch the DVD after I have recoverd from FISM.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review request: Skullkracker by Bob Sheets (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL