The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Watch this Kid (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Just found this online. This kid could go places. Great stage presence and personality. Not to mention some good manipulation. His video editing skills ( if he edited the video ) won't hurt him either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkCshbmph......;search=

You can also see his competition act here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNTJMnNxpy4

Best,

Tim
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Great stuff, Kid has flair!

Tim here is fast becoming Ed Sullivan of the Café! Smile

Keep them coming!
cigam3d
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of cigam3d
Hes pretty good. I guess its kinda refreshing to see good magic on youtube for a change
nanaman
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of nanaman
Hi, I'm that kid. Thanks for the good reviews.
-Bob.
nanaman
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of nanaman
Oh yeah, and yes I did all the editting and stuff. Everything there (except the other acts of course) is 100% mine, so if anyone steals my material, I'll hunt them down and saw their heads off with a toothbrush.

I'm gonna try to compete in the World Magic Seminar next year (2007), but I'm having trouble saving up the $$, since I turn 18 in January and my folks won't back me any more. I take donations. Heh.

But seriously, thanks. I'm flattered by you fine folks.
-Bob.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
904 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Good job!
I wish the best Smile
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I loved your performances!
I wish you all the best but please don't forget to keep us up to date
with your future projects.

-Matt
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Great job nanaman. You keep this up and you'll be someone to watch for. Good stage presence.
Magic is a vanishing art.
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
Loved it!! Great job very refreshing to see the only complaint I would have to say is on the stage lighting... cheers best wishes chris
tmcca
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of tmcca
Great job fun to watch
nanaman
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of nanaman
Quote:
On 2006-08-02 00:20, C Christian wrote:
...the only complaint I would have to say is on the stage lighting...

Yeah I know. It was terrible. When I watched the d'lite on video, I was like "Oh, man, no way. This sucks." It was visible live though, thank god for that. I'm thinking about scraping the d'lites, since it's really the most nonoriginal thing in my act, barring the justification for it. Any ideas?

In the meantime, I'm going to be preparing to go to the WMS with that act. If anyone is interested in finding out more, y'all can PM me or email me at magicbyandrew@yahoo.com cuz I'm still trying to figure out how I'll get there and what my budget is and all that.
-Bob.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2006-08-02 12:34, nanaman wrote:

In the meantime, I'm going to be preparing to go to the WMS with that act. I'm still trying to figure out how I'll get there and what my budget is and all that.

LOL.. welcome to the world of Magic.

BTW... If I was entering a competition I wouldn't be publicly posting ( possibly to my competitors who read the Café ) what act I'll be doing. Leave em guessing Andrew.

Best,

Tim
nanaman
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of nanaman
I know, not a smart idea is it for a kid with apparently a sound head on his shoulders eh? But perhaps it's just a red herring. Or is it?
-Bob.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Yeah well I like him. He's got heart, the looks, the style, yada yada....he's dangerous now! Smile He appears comfortable on stage - something I have to struggle with no matter what I'm doing.

Work, work, work, and it gets better.

I can't say what I was doing when I was his age as I get all this 10^%4134"#47....
nanaman
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of nanaman
Well, when I'm backstage, 20 seconds before I go on, I stare at the ceiling as I start jumping up and down and I say over and over again "IcandoitIcandoitIcandoit..." etc. That helps. Then right before the curtains open, I do what Howard Thurston did and say over and over again outloud "I LOVE my audience. I LOVE my audience." All that talk distracts me from nervousness and makes me less self-conscious. And besides, I'm extremely good-looking so the audience should be blushing, not me.
-Bob.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Watch this Kid (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL