The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Help please! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4498 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Hi

I know this is VERY cheeky and I hope this is not considered too “off topic” – it does involve escapology.……. here goes anyway!

The BLUNT and straight to the point approach seems to have been working best so:

I am fundraising for a UK charity called steps (see link below). It’s for people with lower limb problems like club foot. (I was born with club foot and still have problems now – I have to wear braces {not that I mind it’s an excellent place to *;)£ T@@@$ it has metal buckles so a metal detector will go off regardless} – MODERATOR:- that’s not too much of a reveal is it? If so PLEASE delete the message)

Any I am doing a 2000 meter parachute jump then doing a cage escape and finally juggling fire clubs whilst blindfolded.

I was hoping you would sponsor me. Even if it was just £20 (can be done through the link below)

Dave “SPARKY” Matkin

Club foot sufferer and STEPS trustee (www.steps-charity.org.uk)

PS Please look at the following link
http://www.justgiving.com/Daves-Triathlon
and if you can help me to keep steps going by sponsoring me.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
It is a bit difficult for me to sponsor from South Africa, but I will deffinately wish you the best of luck. Nice to see some one a little less priveledged than the rest of us, making the best of their Entertaining abilities. Respect!

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
EggMan
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of EggMan
Hi Dave,
I really respect what you're doing and it's for a great cause! Have you approached any charity organisations who may help you out with the funds/sponsor? We wish you the best and stay safe!
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4498 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Actually it’s dead easy for EVERYONE to sponsor me. All you have to do is go to the web site http://www.justgiving.com/Daves-Triathlon and you can do it from there. It’s secure and it keeps track of how I am doing. If you cant be bothered to type it in look on my profile its on there as a link (and its on my sig as well come to that).

Thanks for the best wishes as well.

Regards to the approaching companies / charities for sponsorship did you have any where in mind?

I have to say this because it sounds great I have a publicity agent working for me on the promotion side of things! Well the company she works for does work for steps (www.steps-charity.org.uk) on a costs basis.

Thanks for all the interest guys!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I've just checked out the site and Daves half way to his target £400.00.

Come on guys, dig deep.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
EggMan
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of EggMan
Hi Dave,
I'm not sure which charity organisation you can approach because I'm not from the UK. Perhaps you can try your Health Ministry or something of the equivalent? I think you can try asking fellow EAs from the UK. Those that come to mind are: David Straitjacket, Roslyn Walker and Kondini. Good luck!
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Without a reg charity number Equity reg entertainers would find it difficult to sponsor through their books.

Ken
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4498 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
STEPS is a registered charity the magic numbers are: Registered Charity No 1094343. A Not for Profit Company Registration No 437999. People wanted to contact steps directly to sponsor me they can do so. http://www.steps-charity.org.uk.

I am nearly half way there in terms of the sponsorship. I am at £207 so only another 193 to go until I reach my target. I have to get that much to go ahead with the event.

The publicity side of things is underway at the moment and I hope to start doing some interviews soon. I did get a radio slot just before the wear event in Derby so I am hoping to get another one? We will have to wait and see. Steps has a PR agency working for them and Christina is “on the case” at the moment for me.

I go the cage 2 days ago and have spend about and hour looking it over today for “weak spots”. I had not realised how darn big they were! It only just fits in my Grand Scenic – even then I was not able to drive it legally! But I did drive it home (only round the corner so I got away with it). I really don’t know how I am going to get it to Oxford! This is going to be the biggest challenge let alone getting out of it!

I’ll update you as it goes. Still need to get the juggling down – I’m so close! I managed 2 reps whilst blindfolded on Sunday, but that was balls not clubs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Help please! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL