The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ever wanted to buy a Steve Axtell Product? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
WOW... As many of you know, I like Steve Axtell products and my most recent purchase was his "Off the Meter" product which I love.

Today, I decided to just look over his DVD Video Catalog #4. It is a powerhouse of products and How-To's with most of his products ("Off the Meter" is not on it).

I really enjoyed watching it. I caught myself wanting all of them, but since I'm not a vent, I just enjoyed viewing this DVD. It came free with my "Off-the Meter" purchase, however, I did go to the website http://www.axtell.com/videocat.html and saw he sells it for $9.95 plus S&H.

If you wondered about his drawing board, his birds, and special effects, and so much more, this DVD is a worthy purchase. (I bet he would rebate the fee if you bought something over $100.)

I've bought many DVDs for $35 and up and this Video Catalog tops them just for enjoyment.

Oh it's so nice to dream.

Dennis

PS, I don't work for Steve, I just love what he produces: Top quality products, routines, and DVDs. Just sharing my excitement!
Dennis Michael
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I agree- I enjoyed the video catalog, also. However- I wish they had a "play all" function at the main menu. You can "play all" of each sub category, but I would like to sit back and watch it all without having to go back to the menu after each selection. It is a small complaint, because overall the catalog is very enjoyable to watch.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
If you are a Magic Café member I will do better than that. I will send you a free DVD upon request. PM me with your name and address and we'll get it out (Foreign will need to pay shipping).

We will be adding the METER and new products to the version we are revising now.

Thanks for the feedback....I'll talk to my studio head about the play all option.

Also just because you don't do vent doesn't mean you can't use a puppet..... check this link for lots of info on how magicians can use them... http://www.axtell.com/cafe.html

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
I just received my Off the Meter and can't wait to work it into my show. In this order I also received the Bird Arm Illusion. I haven't had a chance to view the video catalog but plan to do so soon.

I'm also wondering about whether they have the Remote Control Drawing Board featured? I am seriously considering purchasing this. Does anyone know when this will be available again? One of the questions that I have about the product is whether you can pre-program any animations or if you have to always use the remote to make each movement happen. I'd also be interested in hearing from any folks who have this/have seen this as to whether people have used this as an on-going bit throughout their show. I think this was an idea that was shared by Ken Scott.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

I've seen the remote control in action and it stunned me. It was Steve's Surprise at KIDabra a couple of years ago. The price kept me away (for now).
Dennis Michael
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
The Remote Control board is featured on the DVD, or here at http://www.axtell.com/rmdb.html We currently have a few in stock, and are contacting people on the waiting list for the Remote board....there are over 20 folks, but some haven't replied to our emails yet, so we move on to the next name on the list. Contact Betsy to get on the list for this hot item. Her email is order@axtell.com

Note - the current AXTELL DVD CATALOG does not have the Meter on it yet. That version is being produced now and will not be available until 4-5 weeks from now. I will send the current DVD to those requesting it, and you can get the new version in the future when you place an order. We ship a free DVD with any order over $100 typically.

We put a lot of production time and money into our DVD catalog. It's a huge expense as you can imagine, but I think it's one of the ways you can best tell what a product looks like from all angles, and also see a puppet character come to life with ideas.
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Steve,

I just emailed the order@axtell.com link above to be put on the Remote Control Drawing Board wait list. Thanks!

Smartini
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
I want a Bongo Gorilla ! soon .....soon...
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Bongo is a great puppet. I made him in 1984...cough cough.... and discountinued him when I came out with the "Amazing Apes" Gorilla. However, the demand to Bring Back Bongo was so great...we brought back Bongo! I still remember making the drawings for him in a library after digging through gorilla books. The reason for his blue skin is that Gorillas are so dark I wanted his features to show up on stage. Black on black doesn't show up very well. I remembered the old superman comic books and how heighlights on black hair are always blue, so I made a color rendering of Bongo with the blue skin and I loved it!

There you go....the story of Bongo the Gorilla! http://www.axtell.com/jungle.html

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
So what's the story on Vern?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Vern got hit by a car on the California Freeway!
Dennis Michael
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
Bongo looks like a 1950's man in a gorilla suit ...... can you imagine if his mask could come off and a little guy was inside .... can the bird arm work with him ? ....
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
I forgot ..I have an old Axtell Burd for sale or trade..... Do people look for these ?
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
They do! Put it up for sale here on the Café under the puppets section.
Dennis, we all know that Vern's egg was struck by lightning shortly before he was hatched....
;)
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
This summer I put my Axtell Chimp, back into a superman suit.

Super Monkey is one of the lesser known Super __'s along with super girl, dog(krypto), horse....

One of my karaoke tape includes old tv themes with of course Batman..(to the Batmobile and the Superman ...mild mannered Clark Kent ....

Look up in the sky
its a bird
it's a plane..

no it's a bald guy. (Doesn't have the same ring does it?)

My hair didn't disapear it just moved to different places.....

Thanks Mr. Axtell.

You are appreciated by,
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Yes, the bird arm works with the chimp. It is on Steve's Free DVD catalog. Ask him for it.

Den
Dennis Michael
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
The chimp is on the video with the bird arm ... I mean the bongo gorilla ..... I think it is a back entry so it will not work......
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I just gotta say that Axtell Expressions has the best customer service I have seen anywhere - it's "OFF THE METER." They are awesome, and I can't recommend them highly enough to anyone who is thinking of buying from them, or anyone who is interested in putting some solid entertainment in to their show.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
The Burd is for sale ....look on the puppet for sale page.....
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
The Arm Illusion can work with back entry puppets also, as long as your arm is fully covered by the puppet.

Cardone, the BURD puppet you are selling is a collector's item. Yours is "Buzz Bonkit" one of three characters used on the TV show "Jack Houston's ImagineLand" on PBS. He was a bent out of sorts pesimistic bird...very funny performed by one of my puppetry mentors John Hardman. This is a toy version we made in the early 90's...They were licensed and distributed by TOI a toy company and sold in Toys R Us, etc. I originally sculptured these three birds, or BURDS in my garage before we moved out into our industrial space and they were cast in wax and finished up pretty by Tony Bulone (the original sculptor of the Barbie Doll). I oversaw the development of the manufacturing at the China factory where they were finally made.

You can see all three of the BURDS (Chat Racket, Tina Talkatoo and Buzz Bonkit) here at the bottom of this page http://www.axtell.com/aboutax.html

....and that's yet another story from the old Axtell treasure book....now fluff up that pillow and go to sleep!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ever wanted to buy a Steve Axtell Product? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL