The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Today's news (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Nothing much can be said about this.
It saddens me that this sort of thing still happens.
Someones negligence and incompetence leads to the death of a child.
It should never have occured.
Gwyd
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
This is really tragic.

I would like to know, however, more details, since the description of the accident is a little unclear.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Alcohol-based inflammable liquid was laid across the front of the dance floor.
"This produced a wall of flame of about 18 inches to two feet high which I would imagine extinguished after about 10 to 15 seconds. At that point there was no problem."
"It was then repeated and it was at this point there was a massive explosion and the fireballs produced into the audience, and it was this time that there was total chaos and that people suffered their injuries."

It would be my guess that after the initial flame wall, they attempted to do it again, but that not all of the previous flames were out when they poured whatever they were using down. It would backdraft uncontrolably and most likely, they would drop the bottle into the flames causing the fireball.
Just a guess, but it would work with the given description, and have potentially horriffic results.
Gwyd
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
What a tragic state of affairs! So sad.

I'll keep an eye on the news tonight and see if they explain it any more than they have on the site.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Sylver Fyre
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
152 Posts

Profile of Sylver Fyre
I really hate hearing about these kinds of tragedies. It makes my blood boil when I read about a performer that obviously wasn't making safety thier #1. And I hear too many stories of idiots without training pulling this kind of crap.
How close was this jerk to the audience? How close was the fire to his fuel? Where were his spotters? the fire extinguisher?
It sounds like what gwyd guessed is probably what occured... fire balls don't just occur without backdrafting or adding fuel to a light fire.
Grrr...
sorry I'm just so mad that a poor child died a horrific death because of some guy's negligence.
Sylver Fyre

"Do not warm yourself by the fire, become the flame"
---------------------------------------------
www.knottybitssideshow.com
Add me on Myspace or Facebook! http://www.myspace.com/sylverfyre
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
One of the biggest difficulties with a thing like this, is that there's a lot we try to read into it, when we just don't have the information that would educate us better. The person who wrote the article, did the best (s)he could, but doesn't understand the same things we do. So the questions answered, are not the ones we want to know about.

Our guesses about what happened, are only at the end of a line of stories.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Sylver Fyre
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
152 Posts

Profile of Sylver Fyre
I found two other articles covering this story...
There seems to be a problem with getting the real story of what actually happened.
Huge differences in the stories...
http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1123962006

And this article here says it wasn't a fire eater and that earlier reports have been dicounted.
http://www.cumberland-news.co.uk/news/vi......d=397121
Sylver Fyre

"Do not warm yourself by the fire, become the flame"
---------------------------------------------
www.knottybitssideshow.com
Add me on Myspace or Facebook! http://www.myspace.com/sylverfyre
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Today's news (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL