The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Pickpocket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
After I heard about Apollo Robbins and got On the Spot I really wanted to develop a pickpocket routine in the context of some effects.where should I go to find some advanced technique like wallets,necklaces,rings,ect.i do want to say first off I'm a honest guy who just wants to do this for pure entertainment.
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Hiya,

I can't vouch for these personally but have a couple of mates who say they're good.

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php......1d99f43e

http://www.mymagic.com/dvd/dvd-coats.htm

Hope this helps, Mike
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Hey Magicain 336

I usually do a watch steal in my close-up act with'crazy mans hancuffs'. The watch is stolen as the bands are placed between her fingers. This gives you heaps of time to produce as all attention is on the band streched between her fingers. Give it a try.

Hope this helps.

Scott
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Just got a free DVD (special offer with order) from http://www.magictricks.co.uk
'Stealing The Show' - The Ultimate Pickpocket Guide by James Freeman.
Great DVD, loads of useful stuff on it covering all pockets, ties, belts, braces, cufflinks, different type of wristwatch and even glasses (spectacles) !!!!

James' own site is here http://www.pickpocket.co.uk

I realise this is all UK based but maybe it's useful.
Neither sites are linked to me - just a happy customer!
Best, Mike
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Thanks for the advice,i think I may get a DVD or something but for now ill just try and develop pickpocketing on my own.
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
As someone who learnt pickpocketing pretty much on my own, I would recommend you at least get a book or two written by someone who has performed it as they are good inspiration. The books by Ravel and by Ricki Dunn are good. Pierre Jacques is not too bad but too brief.

Can I ask you about On The Spot, what is it and what does it contain about pickpocketing?
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Kris:it's a DVD by Greg Wilson. teaches a lot of impromptu magic. It's really very good. There is a bit on watch stealing and pick pocketing which is nice but not comprehensive. What is good about the DVD is you see the stuff performed for real people not the l and l zombies.

I learnt pick pocketing from the James freedman video. What you have to understand is that this DVD will teach you to take things out of peoples pockets openly then apparently replace them. It's a good approach for me however it wont teach you to make a living on oxford street at Christmas.....if you know what I mean.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I'm going to try the DVDs released by Coats I think is his name?
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
I would stick with the books listed about and stay away from the Coats and Byrd Dvds, not very good and the books will be a better refrence for the future.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Ok then, sounds good.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I have Ricki Dunn's book and I have to say that it is very useful!
great advice from a man with experience in the field.
Greg Wilson's DVD is also great. But I wouldn't recommend it as a source for learning pickpocketing.

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Pickpocket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL