The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Only one packet trick, Yikes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12~13~14 [Next]
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Brian,
I agee, very tough to do just one Smile
but it seems some people do have their favorites.
What I try to do is not duplicate effects.
For example, If I do back in time (sankey's triumpth) I will not do TWISTED SISTER. I also love Tyler Corbin's Just Joking where 4 jokers turn into 4 kings and then all cards are shown as blank. For those who do not like portions to NFW, they might find his version to their likig, but there are tons of moves and counts. I did simplify it.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Is Roy Walton's Cascade in a book or just available as a separate packet trick dealer item?
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-08-08 22:55, MagicMan1957 wrote:
Is Roy Walton's Cascade in a book or just available as a separate packet trick dealer item?

MagicMan1957,
It is available as a separate packet effect. Nice thing about it, the cards are NOT gaffed, so all you need is instructions...
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Can anyone give a brief description of cascade?
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
This is a tough question. I love so many of them!

I may have to go with Presto Printo as well.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Yes, it is a tough question.
There are SOOOOOOOO many great packet tricks.
During my routine, I do patter "how it takes years to master a deck of playing cards. The key is to start out small. In fact, when I use to perform, I use to use just 4 cards (I love this justification from Daryl)then I do Bill Malone's Gemini twins." I also do HOLD IT BUSTER by Dan Harlan. In fact, this is my first card trickd trick then I can say, "and I should have know better because he never did play with a full deck so let's try something with a full deck."
gordonmj
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of gordonmj
NFW for me or possibly cascade by roy walton.
booya!
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-08-09 11:51, JSBLOOM wrote:

Brief description: You count 4 cards in your hand all face down, you take a card out of the middle, turn it face up and this causes the bottom card to turn face up, you now show all 4 cards are turned face up. Once again pull a card from the middle, turn it face down, once again all the cards are face down. all this time the spectator has seen 4 red back cards and 4 faces all the same. You now place 1 card in your pocket, ask how many are remaining, they say of course 3. You now display 4 cards again, 1 face up and 3 face down. Fan the cards and there are now 2 face up and 2 face down. Now for the finale, turn the 2 face down cards face up and they are blank, turn the 2 face up cards face down and they have 2 different BLUE backs. All can now be examined as they do not use gaffed cards...
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
229 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
A version of Color Monte called Gypsy Monte 2003. The only difference is that I use 3 cards from a regular deck (can be borrowed) instead of the Tarot Cards.

Doug
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Eye Exam
In love with magic!
Deluzion
View Profile
Loyal user
217 Posts

Profile of Deluzion
Twisting the ace. It was the first packet trick ,shown to me by my friend, that made my jaw drop..
Deluzion
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I would probably flip a coin between The Virginia City Shuffle and Colour Monte
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
The Bizarre Twist, using the Cros method
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Quote:
On 2006-08-09 20:00, Rennie wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-08-09 11:51, JSBLOOM wrote:

Brief description: You count 4 cards in your hand all face down, you take a card out of the middle, turn it face up and this causes the bottom card to turn face up, you now show all 4 cards are turned face up. Once again pull a card from the middle, turn it face down, once again all the cards are face down. all this time the spectator has seen 4 red back cards and 4 faces all the same. You now place 1 card in your pocket, ask how many are remaining, they say of course 3. You now display 4 cards again, 1 face up and 3 face down. Fan the cards and there are now 2 face up and 2 face down. Now for the finale, turn the 2 face down cards face up and they are blank, turn the 2 face up cards face down and they have 2 different BLUE backs. All can now be examined as they do not use gaffed cards...
I think Rainbow Cascade has a much better ending visually. This is a COLOURFUL version of Roy Walton's original 'Cascade' where the original routine has been altered to incorporate brilliant colour changes from normal backed cards to quite stunning holographic material backed cards! Available from Davenports Magic Studio London. Price £7.50 + p&p BARGAIN!
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Without needing to think, I'd chose: "No Camera Tricks" by Mark Lee. Easy, great presentation (esp. w/ my own edits & acting), everyone has loved it.
+If I cop out the extra card I can go right into The Last Trick of Dr Jacob Daley, and Vernon's Twisting The Aces using the Kings...
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
absynth
View Profile
New user
Tejas
62 Posts

Profile of absynth
I still like Jon Allen's Double Back.
Jon
When Einstein said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, he must not have attempted coin and card manipulations...or am I truly insane?
docelk
View Profile
Veteran user
St. Pete, FL
362 Posts

Profile of docelk
NFW
Life is a test. It is only a test. If this had been a real life, you would have been given further instructions on where to go, and what to do.
SeoMagi
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of SeoMagi
Skinner's Ultimate 3 Card Monte
miracle
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
95 Posts

Profile of miracle
Four Card Trick by Alex Elmsley
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Guy Hollingworth's Waving the Aces
Syd Segal's "Wipeout"
or
Dan and Dave Bucks's "Summer of 69"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Only one packet trick, Yikes (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL