The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Skullkracker demonstration video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
silverzer0
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of silverzer0
Hey guys, just thought I would post a demonstration video of Skullkracker that I made for those who are wondering what the effect looks like. I performed the trick with a check to bill switch that can be easily used at any coffee shop, gas station etc.

"Do you take a check?"
"No?"
"OK, no problem..." Smile

http://alertandoriented.org/Documents/skullk.mpg

Great effect. Great DVD. Nice work Bob.

-mike
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4257 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Woa that was pretty cool. I see in the information of Skullcracker there are 4 different types of visual changes, would you mind makigna video and posting the other 3? I would love to see them.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Don't make them. This looks like a newbie fishing for information or methods to me. Sorry if you're not fishing, but I think that one video of the hot new product is enough.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2120 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
That was pur-itty kewl! There are 3 handlings then? Well then, for the price this looks great.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of tdowell
The handlings have to do with how clean you want to start and end with. The amature video link above shows the pre-set method with the main move/visual change.

However Bob Sheets teaches more that can be done to establish your clean at the beginning and end. Bob also shows you several methods for the visual change (what the person above was referring to), as well as several different routines for the effect, including a $20 bill split into two $10's.

This is a must have DVD and an effect you will always perform (or at least should perform).
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4257 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2006-08-07 15:45, twistedace wrote:
Don't make them. This looks like a newbie fishing for information or methods to me. Sorry if you're not fishing, but I think that one video of the hot new product is enough.
I'm not fishing for methods. I just want to see if it's something I can use in the real world. Don't jump to conclusions sir.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3113 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Mike, Thanks for the video clip! I may have to get this one!
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
There is a demo clip in http://www.Themagicwarehouse.com, just go to the Hot Items page.
Btw, does this method allow us to show both hands empty after the bill is given to the spec? Btw this is not fishing, I just want to compare it with TT method that I use.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
Mike
Great Job!! You made it look like magic .
Magic is Everywhere
silverzer0
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of silverzer0
Thanks and as tdowell pointed out, the method I used was the pre-set method which is probably the easiest method to perform. However, as you guys are aware, there are several methods presented on the DVD to choose from. Again, great effect!
silverzer0
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of silverzer0
Again, as always, you have to look at it from the laymen's perspective. When you perform this for someone on the street and they aren't expecting what you're about to do, they're not going to know how it was done because they wouldn't be actively looking for the method.

Of course.. if you break the cardinal rule and show them again, then well..
magicforu
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of magicforu
Oh, the link don't work now ??
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
578 Posts

Profile of RandyM
I applaud silverzero for the video. I would love to see more members do this. Nice handling.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Both the link do not work...
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
802 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Magicwarehouse works
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of fooksau
This looks a lot like the Juan Hundred change with a folded bill. I ordered the dvd anyways, but I'm hoping not to just have a recap of Juan with a palming off or something at the end.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4257 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
It is similiar to it. Smile , I think you will like the lots of extras that are on the dvd...in Jaun hundred dollar bill switch you werent able to swtich a very small bill into a big bill or anything like taught on the skullcracker dvd.
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
227 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
I showed the video to a layperson and she guessed the method in 2 seconds.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4257 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Demo video doesn't really do it justice, if you see it in person it would be a lot better. I was doing it at the mall today, everyone stunned.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5260 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2006-08-16 23:17, shaunproof wrote:
I showed the video to a layperson and she guessed the method in 2 seconds.

Don't judge this effect by what someone sees on a video (a tight frame). When performed in the real world, spectators shouldn't have a clue, partly because of required eye movement. You might want to check out this thread for a good discussion of the effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Skullkracker demonstration video (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL