The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » So...I bought "Hundy 500" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DaveM
View Profile
Special user
Germany
788 Posts

Profile of DaveM
I love it when I think I've seen it all, and an effect simply takes my breath away. That happened when I witnessed a firsthand demo of Greg Wilson's "Hundy 500" this afternoon. Simply put, my eyes popped out. So I HAD to buy it.

I'm not familiar with the other versions out there on the market, so I can't compare them to this. This appears to be pretty much "angle proof".

Popped in the DVD...very well thought out production. Hat's off to Greg Wilson for taking the time to cover all bases.

DIFFICULTY: Of course there was some one-time "preparation", but once that's out of the way it's essentially self-working. I'd give it a 3 out of 10.

WOW!!! FACTOR: Greg provides footage of about ten performances on the street, to different crowd types. Then...I go back to the performance I witnessed in the shop...and I felt that I'd witnessed true magic. Give it a 10 out of 10 on WOW!!!

In summary, I highly recommend this effect. It's something that I will always carry on me.

Dave
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
Yes. It is angle proof. Probably one of my most talked about effects. 5 bucks to 500
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
SLOWBURN another wonderful bill change !
rocky424
View Profile
New user
Boca Raton, FL
54 Posts

Profile of rocky424
I agree. Hundy 500 is an excellent bill-changing effect. It just seems so clean looking. When you look at the spectators faces as you show all 5 hundred dollar bills at the end, it is utter amazement.
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
I perform this frequently and it never fails to WOW the especs. I get lots of great comments on it. I haven't found angles to be an issue at all.

Plus, I always have that extra emergency cash on me now! Smile

Bk
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I love this trick. It's a great strolling effect.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2006-08-06 12:57, bobbyk wrote:
Plus, I always have that extra emergency cash on me now! Smile
Bk

I recently spend all that extra emergency cash on a Ragdoll cat..
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Evolve,

I looked forever for a Ragdoll cat years ago, had to give up cause I wanted the Siamese version:)

Hundy 500 user, 1-20s.

Candini
Danik1
View Profile
Regular user
Saint-Eustache, Canada
184 Posts

Profile of Danik1
I don't have Hundy 500, but I do have Slow Burn by Richard Sanders. I think Slow Burn is way more visual.

Danik
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I've had both Hundy and Slow Burn and always preferred Slow Burn.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Mark Allen did a great job with "3D Cash". Check out his demo as his handling is much more natural than most of the other handlings I've seen.

Cheers!

** Bill **
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
I have had Slow Burn for some time. I like it a lot. I just purchased 3D Cash... I have had fun trying out the different handling and combining effects. I figured out a way with 3D Cash to go from say, $1 to $5's back to $1's and then to $20's! Pretty cool and versatile. I'm glad I had Slow-burn first though, as it would have been more confusing. It's cool I can still do the Slow Burn change though!
Xenafor
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Xenafor
I got Hundy a couple months ago, and it is one of my favorate effects. I can always turn to it whenever someone tells me to do a trick on the spot, just take it out of my wallet and it's ready to astound. I especially love the fact that you can hand the bills out for inspection. I went to the store to buy some dry ice for part of an effect, and in the checkout line, I decided that I felt like lightening up the cashier's day. I was lucky, as the total was 5.80, and so I flipped through the ones to show I was short a bit, so I changed them into tens and used one of them to pay him. It was great. Just felt like putting the story out there. Definately recommended effect.

Michael
Pizza King
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Pizza King
DaveM said it best, 10 out of 10 on wow factor
love this effect simple to preform
Pizza King
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Pizza King
PERFORM hooked on phonics works for me lol
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Check out handy 500
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
357 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
For those who don't know, Handy 500 is an alternate handling for Hundy 500 (or 3D Cash) where you let the spec hold the end of the packet while you make a visual change.

I didn't like the get ready required for Handy 500 or the way it bent your gaffed bill.

You can check out Handy 500 on the "Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch" DVD.

Cheers!

** Bill **
Slappy
View Profile
Loyal user
North Hollywood, CA
266 Posts

Profile of Slappy
Quote:
On 2006-09-18 03:40, Pizza King wrote:
PERFORM hooked on phonics works for me lol

You should try "Hooked on Punctuaton" next.
"Help, I've got a silver ball stuck on my thumb"
johnnyimpossible
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha, Ne
244 Posts

Profile of johnnyimpossible
Slow burn is like eye candy. I use one and two dollar bills. I developed a patter to fit. It was cheaper to make this way and still gets a great reaction!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I'm a Slow Burn guy.
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » So...I bought "Hundy 500" (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL